Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High waisted skinny jeans!!!

• 25-01-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Gemini Sister

Yes! I'm going for it! I've thought long and hard about it and I'm prepared to go out on a limb here. I'm fairly petite so might just get away with it - am aiming to look a bit like Scarlet johansohn in that high waisted skinnies photo shoot form awhile back.

So..... does anyone know where I can get a pair? (cause I haven't seen them yet, not even in topshop, though I haven't tried the stephans green one yet....) Thanks girl!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I was in that Topshop today, they have a high-waisted section, but no skinny ones. None on their website either, or Miss Selfridge, or Dorothy P's, or River Island. Red Herring in Debenhams have 4 though- http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&userType=A&categoryId=62771
    Though I think there's just 2 there, but anyway. £35 wouldn't be bad at all- €60? And Red Herring has lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

wow..you could probably get them from the ugly basket in penneys...

Failing that have a good search online and you'll prob find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Gemini Sister

Thanks for the link corruptedmorals!

Good price... but is there something slightly icky about that button fly? Its a trend that has yet to take shape IMHO.... I remember looking for skinny jeans a full 18 mnths before they hit the shops... likewise my radar is strong on his one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Gemini Sister

And.... (excuse me, I'm on the beer!)

... what exactly is wrong with waistlines hitting the waiste! We are girls. We have a naturally slim and beautiful middle. What could be more sexy than emphasising a waise? It about time we got to celebrate it again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

gorgeous arse + a high waist = horrible arse

And if you dont have a nice arse i dread to think of the consequences!! :eek:

And.... (excuse me, I'm on the beer!)

... what exactly is wrong with waistlines hitting the waiste! We are girls. We have a naturally slim and beautiful middle. What could be more sexy than emphasising a waise? It about time we got to celebrate it again!

emphasise it with a long top instead
    high waist trousers emphasises the ass not the waist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

www.asos.com never lets me down...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

You could get them in Topshop and other places last summer....you're hardly picking up on a new trend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

unreggd wrote: »
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwe!!

Exactly!
    wow..you could probably get them from the ugly basket in penneys...

yup.

there was a thread on this last week

• Advertisement
Advertisement