Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can report my own posts?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

This wasnt always the case was it?

If its new, why was it added or is it an error?

It it was always there then have I just gone a little loco?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think it came in with the vb upgrade, I may be wring though. I can see it being handy. If someone wants a post of theirs edited they can just report it and ask for it to be edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Good point but is that against the uses of reported posts?
    Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I may be wring though.

Dy'a think?
    If someone wants a post of theirs edited they can just report it and ask for it to be edited.

I'd report that post if I was you. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That should really be changed. Personally I think "Only use this if a post warrants moderator attention." would be better. I'm sure someone more articulate can come up with something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

"Only use this if a post warrants moderator attention."
    Perfect. That's exactly what it should say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'd agree with that message.

The existing is a vB default, and shouldn't be over interpreted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I actually wanted to report one of my posts once... I was well aware I deserved to be banned for it, and wanted to make the Mods life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Changing the message would be great, it can be used for other things though some might see it as abusing the report post function.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Reporting your own posts - self moderating? ;)

modsturbation???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

faceman wrote: »
    Reporting your own posts - self moderating? ;)

modsturbation???

makes u go blind

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not thinking of anyone in particular, but is reporting your own post similar to a mod reporting a post in the forum they moderate?
    :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I cant think of a reason why you would report your own post.

Agree with the new message

kearnsr wrote: »

I had several stuff stickied in various Edu fora in years gone by and I reported one to say how the information isn't up to date, and asked that it be un-stickied. So that's one example :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Waking up the next morning and realising that you posted complete shoite while under the influence last night, and it's too late to edit because there have been several angry replies already?

At least by reporting it yourself, you're putting your hand up and admitting you were a gobshoite ...
    +1

The default message is more confusing than helpful, especially to newer members.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Terry reported a post of his own one day. Just making life harder for me, then easier

Advertisement