Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick road sign question

Options
  • 25-01-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

a friend of mine sat his test today. When the tester was asking him some road signs, he pointed at a red traingle sign with nothing in the middle. I have never come accross that before and neither did my friend. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please??

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I had a quick look at the Rules of the Road and didn't see it.

Now it's possible I missed it but are you sure you don't mean a white circle with a red ring meaning a pedestrian street?
    Don't thing I've ever seen what you are describing

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blue_man83

I had a look myself and didn't see it. Have my test tomorrow morning!! But he was pretty adamant that it was a red triangle with nothing in the middle. I was wondering if it maybe was a trick question and you have to say "thats not a road sign" but i can't imagine they would do that.

Strange.

But if its not in the rules of the road it can't be a sign, plus if im asked and get it wrong, no big deal i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

blue_man83 wrote: »
    I was wondering if it maybe was a trick question
    There are no trick questions anywhere in the driving tests.

I'd go along with micmclo - it was probably a red empty circle indicating a pedestrian zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

Any word/s below it? Could it be a warning sign with the words being specific about the type of warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was it this? It generally means "caution" iirc
    istockphoto_2960168_triangle_sign_clear.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 blue_man83

well that looks like it alright. Thats what he described. Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

biko wrote: »
    Was it this? It generally means "caution" iirc
    istockphoto_2960168_triangle_sign_clear.jpg
    blue_man83 wrote: »
    well that looks like it alright. Thats what he described. Cheers man.
    AFAIK that is not an official sign here. There is a similar sign in the UK but it's the other way around (i.e. pointing downwards).

Was your friend referring to a test in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 betterdrive.net

Might he have shown you a warning triangle for breakdowns ?

Advertisement