Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding 12v equivalant to 230v bulb?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

John,

Are you thinking of modifying a standard 230 V light fitting to make it compatible with 24V bulb, or are you looking at getting complete 24 V system (holder, switch and bulb). The former is not recommended as the internal cable in the lamp will not be rated for the increased Amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Im looking to get a 230v to work on 12v

I plan on re-wiring and by-passing the switch (I have my own switch elsewhere on a switchpanel) to compensate for current increase. The only thing that would remain the same is the holder.

Anyhow I don't htink G9 are available in 12v so i'm back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thank's for the link

I ended up taking down the old light shade, sanded it down, primed and spray painted... problem solved :D

Advertisement