Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size are you?

Options
  • 26-01-2008 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

It's anon don't worry.

What size are you? 146 votes

0-4
    0% 0 votes
    4% 6 votes
    3% 5 votes
    12% 18 votes
    22% 33 votes
    31% 46 votes
    16% 24 votes
    18+
    9% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Here was me thinking something completely different :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's inches, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

10 normally, 8 in some tops.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    That's inches, right?
    There's always one. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Guys stoping acting the troll... If your gonna post stay on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Size 20 (I know omg!) last week but now a size 18!! hoping to get down to a 14 by May for my wedding! wish me luck girlies! Already lost a stone since beggining of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

That's brilliant foxy! Well done!! You can do it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Varies enormously. There is no standardisation between different shops on sizes! For example, I take size 8 jeans in River Island, size 10 in Topshop, and have some size 12s as well. With regards to tops it seems a bit more uniform - generally size 12-14 in tops as I've a broad back and slightly busty. Makes getting dresses hell though cos what fits perfectly around the waist won't zip up to the top, and what zips to the top isn't very shapely around the waist...Grrrr! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

It varies from shop to shop but generally a size 10. I can be a 12 in Vila but an 8 in Penneys. On top though its 12-14, which is really awkward when it comes to buying 2 piece outfits or more recently a bikini.

usually 12-14
    some 14s too tight, some 12s hanging off me
    bit odd
    always 12 in tops though chest sometimes means i need bigger which is a pain since i hate a top having a loose waist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Nightwish wrote: »
    It varies from shop to shop but generally a size 10. I can be a 12 in Vila but an 8 in Penneys. On top though its 12-14, which is really awkward when it comes to buying 2 piece outfits or more recently a bikini.

Hello my body-double :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I'm a whopping size 18 - 20 depending on where i buy, not that there's a whole lot of choice for us bigger gals. Always plan to lose weight, but always find an excuse why i can't get out walking more, eat better (not like i don't have a choice with the job i have!)

Its all ass and boobs, no kankles thank god. I'm a confident girlie though, could always handle the stick. You would think with 4 young kids and a full time job it would be hard not to lose it. Sister is a size 8 and tells me "hunger is your friend!" wtf? it would be if i ever stopped eating long enough to feel it:D:D:D. I'm not happy with it, but happy by nature, maybe this year....meh, maybe not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I was a size 12 for years, but since I had baby no.3 I can't go below 14.
    Themadchef, who would you rather be, you or your sister? There's no enjoyment in life being hungry all the time. Anyway, I find there's not much choice in many shops once you're over a size 12 as there seems to be a lot of emphasis on size 0:eek:
    Working in a hospital, I notice all the time that when women get older, the healthier and younger looking ones are the ones with extra weight on them, compared to the gaunt-looking hump-backed skinny ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

men's XL ftw!

Yeah they're comfy Narco (soooo comfy!) but not very flattering though are they?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

ek was size 10 but sometimes 12 due to my E cup but now im a good 12-14. losing weight because im more comfortable being a curvy 10 then a slightly pudgy 12/14 due to my frame. going well so far, losing weight off my face everyones noticed, now this week i'l be back to the fitness regime that went out the window due to college, that'll set me straight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

E, mahosive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

SW81 wrote: »
    Yeah they're comfy Narco (soooo comfy!) but not very flattering though are they?!

i find them infinitely more flattering than something skintight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My ex, was 8 on top 12 down below the waist.

She got booty.. and i loved her for it.

I still do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm a dude and a medium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

12/14 on top 10 in jeans !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm an 8 but I recently bought a pair of black trousers in River Island in a size 6, even though I've got bigger recently not smaller! I was considering leaving the label hanging out so everyone would think I was super skinny! I think it just goes to show hoe arbitrary sizing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've a size 10 naughty nurses uniform I fit into quite nicely ^_^

Jackz wrote: »
    E, mahosive.

Not really the average for an Irish woman is a D.

kelle wrote: »
    once you're over a size 12 as there seems to be a lot of emphasis on size 0:eek:

Surely you can't buy a size zero (that would be like a size 4) in anywhere but the kids section.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

God no, as far as I know topshop, Miss Selfridges and New look do a 4, I actually remember reading somewhere that topshop was bringing out a 00.

GinnyJo wrote: »
    God no, as far as I know topshop, Miss Selfridges and New look do a 4, I actually remember reading somewhere that topshop was bringing out a 00.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Haha, reminds me of a few months ago I was browsing in Topshop, picked up this tiny t-shirt, and thought that it had been subject to shrinkage! then I looked at the label and it was a size 4 (American size 0)....it was so tiny...thought it was a child's! scary! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

watna wrote: »
    I'm an 8 but I recently bought a pair of black trousers in River Island in a size 6, even though I've got bigger recently not smaller! I was considering leaving the label hanging out so everyone would think I was super skinny! I think it just goes to show hoe arbitrary sizing is.

+1

I've put on weight (barely but FINALLY!!!!:D ) in the last year but have found in a couple of places I can be a size 6 :eek:, but also in shoes I can range from a size 3 to a size 5:confused: t'is madness!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

If Im buing stuff on the internet then Im a 12 but In reality my size completely fluctuates.
    I have the widest hips ever so I im size 14 on my hips but then I have quite skinny legs so size 14 trousers always are far too big for my actual legs.
    Im a size 10 on top but that translates to size 14 in pennys sizes and size 12 in Topshop sizes.

Advertisement