Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size are you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dGeneral

GinnyJo wrote: »
    God no, as far as I know topshop, Miss Selfridges and New look do a 4, I actually remember reading somewhere that topshop was bringing out a 00.

Size..4 :confused: Jesus....does that size come with a free meal............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

I recently started wearing a ten on the bottom and a 12 on top, but since Christmas and stopping smoking 10 weeks ago, I'm finding them gradually getting tighter.
    I don't worry what the label says but I do feel that things look better on me purely cos my tummy had flattened out a bit. But I'm a curvy gal and I like it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I can be a 6, 8 or 10 in tops depending! (Thanks to my D cups ;))
    I'm a 6 on the bottom but I have a pair of shorts from Topshop that are a 4!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I buy size 6 but I don't actually think I'm that small, most people guess that I'm a size 10! I find it really hard to find trousers because I have long legs and most shops only do size 6 with short or regular legs and I hate spending a fortune on clothes for work! Zara trousers are nice and long but the legs can be very narrow and I think River Island's sizes are a little roomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Varies enormously. There is no standardisation between different shops on sizes! For example, I take size 8 jeans in River Island, size 10 in Topshop, and have some size 12s as well. With regards to tops it seems a bit more uniform - generally size 12-14 in tops as I've a broad back and slightly busty. Makes getting dresses hell though cos what fits perfectly around the waist won't zip up to the top, and what zips to the top isn't very shapely around the waist...Grrrr! :o

Sounds similar to mysmelf. :mad: can be very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Size 6 in bottoms and size 8 to 10 in tops. The variation in sizes out there is unreal :( Find it very hard to get suit trousers to fit - what is it with them? the size 8's are HUGE.

The only exception is maybe topshop - they're sizes are getting smaller and smaller...actually saw a size 2 in there the other day :eek: don't know if it was an american sizing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'm a size 8/10 on top but 10/12 on the bottom. Have a small waist but big booty and thighs so finding jeans that fit me properly is unpossible! Always oceans of space around the waist, very annoying! Penney's have insane sizes, as do H+M, I've got clothes that are size 6 and stuff that's size 14 from there. Trousers sizes are completely different in every shop too, very much trial and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Im a bit suprised by the results. I always thought the average was 14/16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Let's all go to America and be a size smaller :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

8 on top, 10 on bottom but like ye said, every shop varies....you come out of H&M thinking you're a size 6 and come out of Top Shop sometimes wanting to hang yourself cause you're 2 sizes bigger than you thought you were. It's really annoying, there should be some rule that all sizes are the same.

Yeah I'm surprised at the results too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Weidii wrote: »
    Let's all go to America and be a size smaller :P

Actually, two sizes smaller. I'm a 4 in America and had to buy lots of things in a 2. Very wierd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm from the States, and here I'm a size 0/2. I think that translates to a 6/8 in Ireland/UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I have tops sized 8, 10, & 12. All of which fit me perfectly.
    I'm a 10 on bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

<-- fat bitch

16 top/18 trousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm from the States, and here I'm a size 0/2. I think that translates to a 6/8 in Ireland/UK.

Excellent, it feels nice saying I'm a two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

8-10 for tops and skirts, 10-12 for trousers. I was an 8-10 all over but my Christmas indulgence put paid to that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I'm usually an 8 on the top and bottom but sometimes i have to get a ten just coz the leg is longer, though they tend to be too loose around the ass/waist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

hello, new to the Lounge *waves*

glad to see Im not the only one with size confusion.

Im usually an 8 in tops but have a handful of 6 tops too.

Trousers Im convinced Im a 9! 8 is too tight, 10 too big. In every shop. I normally go 10 for the comfort though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

phi3 wrote: »
    Im a bit suprised by the results. I always thought the average was 14/16

well this polled is voted on by a select group, women on boards.ie, who im guessing are generally young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Finally a size 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

14/16 but taller than average so i'd look stupid/worse thin. Resigned myself to being a curvy lady years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Used to be 18+ (15st +) lost alot over last few yr - am now an unbelieveable 12
    I have to say it softly incase the fat cells hear it and got wooooohoooooooo - were back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

im size 8 and i had a baby 5 months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Seriously Lou, how'd ya do it? I'm startin off at about that and it's soooooo hard! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭b_beep

jezza wrote: »
    Finally a size 4.

You wouldnt fancy a bag of chips then? or a battered sausage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

jezza wrote: »
    Finally a size 4.

When you say "finally a size 4" does this mean you've been trying to be a 4?? Jesus. I wouldn't want to be anything smaller than an 8, anything smaller than that (unless you're a child!) is skeleton territory....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

SW81 wrote: »
    When you say "finally a size 4" does this mean you've been trying to be a 4?? Jesus. I wouldn't want to be anything smaller than an 8, anything smaller than that (unless you're a child!) is skeleton territory....:confused:

I'm a size 6 and I'm definitely not a skeleton! I'm around 5'8'' too so I'm not small either. It really depends on the person, some people can be size 10 and look miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

5'8" and size 6???? sounds dangerously underweight to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What exactly is the point of this thread? I (along with others) have got berated on another thread for saying I wouldn't like to be significantly overweight which I think is a totally fair comment. This thread is far more insensitive I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

No, I'm not tall. I'm only 5'2 so I think its perfect size

Advertisement