Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size are you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I'm 5'2 and a size 6 so you must be pretty much skin and bone :eek:
    And someone's 5'8 and a 6 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Size 4 didn't even exist until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm 5'2" and when I went from a size 14 to an 8-10 my da and my then boyfriend started complaining bitterly about me getting too skinny. Different people carry weight differently though, like I weigh 8.5-9 stone and you wouldn't think it to look at me at all. On other people 9 stone on 5'2" would be pretty big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Sorry I'm actually 5'7 not 5'8 if that makes any difference. I'm not skin and bone either, as I said already most people wouldn't even think I'm a size 6, my boyfriend included. I was complaining recently about not being able to find work pants and he started questioning if I couldn't find pants then how the hell could my 'skinnier' friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I wonder how many of the women here have dropped a few dress sizes just for this poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Dudess wrote: »
    What exactly is the point of this thread? I (along with others) have got berated on another thread for saying I wouldn't like to be significantly overweight which I think is a totally fair comment. This thread is far more insensitive I think.

It seems that in here its ok to boast about being skinny, say being skinny is awful, talk about wanting to lose weight and admit that you're fat but in the other thread its a hangable offence to say you woulnt like to be fat :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm from the States, and here I'm a size 0/2. I think that translates to a 6/8 in Ireland/UK.

Nope, if you're a US 0/2, you're a UK 4/6.

Sizes do vary ridiculously. I got a top in Urban Outfitters in the states in a medium that was quite big on me, while in Aeropostale, I couldn't easily fit into a large hoody. Don't even get me started on A&F - I couldn't even get a medium top over my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Faith wrote: »
    Nope, if you're a US 0/2, you're a UK 4/6.

Sizes do vary ridiculously. I got a top in Urban Outfitters in the states in a medium that was quite big on me, while in Aeropostale, I couldn't easily fit into a large hoody. Don't even get me started on A&F - I couldn't even get a medium top over my head.

Really? That's small from what I've been reading. I wouldn't consider myself that small, especially since I'm 5'7.
    I've worked for both A&F and Urban. Sometimes even the smallest sizes at Urban would be too big for me, depending on the vendor. They had a great pair of pants I got in a size 00. The problem was, I could remove the pants without unbuttoning or unzipping them.
    A&F on the other hand makes clothes that are oddly between women's sizes and junior sizes (teens/pre teens). In any event, there's not much room for boobs and ass, especially when compared to other stores selling women's clothes. I took a size 2 in pants and a small in shirts.
    Some people think that A&F purposefully makes its clothes smaller so that bigger people can't wear them and ruin the A&F image. A&F usually won't hire anyone over a certain pant size (6 for girls I think, 34 for guys) to work on the floor. It's not written policy, but when you're hiring, they make it clear.
    Aeropostale works in junior sizes, which usually comes in odd numbers (1, 3, 5, etc.). Their clothes are made for pre-teens and teenagers, not women.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

snyper wrote: »
    My ex, was 8 on top 12 down below the waist.

She got booty.. and i loved her for it.

I still do :(

awwww, that's me also! wellllllll....8 in tops, and could be 10 in trackie bottoms but 12 in tighter trousers....it's a right pain sometimes! But it's ok, I'll be a good
    "calfer" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

ozzyoh wrote: »
    awwww, that's me also! wellllllll....8 in tops, and could be 10 in trackie bottoms but 12 in tighter trousers....it's a right pain sometimes! But it's ok, I'll be a good
    "calfer" lol.

lol.. calfer :D

What a coincidence..

You are 10 down below and so am i! ;)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

jesus christ. going by my height and the comments in this thread I really need to start that diet. my god I feel so fat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Calfer ha ha ha, love it!

Advertisement