Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coming Soon...........

Options
  • 26-01-2008 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Citroën C5.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A huge improvement over the last one. Also looks alot better than the new Laguna III.

Citroens are getting stylish again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Was that not on top gear? Im no fan of citreon but i bet the C5 is a good car!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Me likey, better looking than the mondeo,a4 and 3 series.

Ill have mine with the 2.0 HDi, in about 3 years after someone else takes the hit on depricitaion.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Looks nice, I can somewhere see an Audi A4 and Hyundai Sonata in the styling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Looks different, but I like it. The old one was terrible for reliability, and more to the point depreciated like a lead balloon. But maybe the new one will be different, though Irish car buyers are a very conservative bunch, D-segment cars still sell extremely well here, most of Europe is giving up on them, and we still think cars with boots on them are far more upmarket than those without, so even if the new one came with a free trip around the world, everyone will buy either the Mondeo, Passat or Avensis instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

At least the wheels are a proper size - more than can be said for the Mondeo.

Having said that I presume they won't be the standard ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Passat meets a Mondeo.

Copulation.

Birth.

Citroen C5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Very nice, very german looking, all cars in this sector are looking the same, how very boring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Run away! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I like it, though it definitely reminds me of the A4

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like it. The rear lights remind me of the ones on a 3-series coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The estate looks even better than the saloon IMO.However, no matter how good a car citroen make, it'll still only sell in tiny numbers after that horrid old model.Also, it does'nt look that particularly big when compared to say, the new mondeo.Anyway, me thinks the best car in this sector this year will be this

http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionImages/gallery/newSuperb/gallery/_780x585/Superb_13.jpg

Also , will be interesting how the new Toyota(now costcutting, just have a look at the new auris) avensis will shape up, Have heard rumours it look like a big auris with a boot.Also the new opel insignia(replacement for vectra) should be along at the end of the year.Back to the point, its hard to see the citroen doing well in this country especially in a year that many of its rivals are launching new models

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Very impressive looking although im surprised to see the 1.6HDi emissions are 149g. Would have thought that would have been a lot lower.

This will bring it into category C which will mean vrt drops from 25% to 20%. Am i right in saying the same engine in the mini will be a category A engine???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

Zonda999 wrote: »

that is a horrific looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Many people like agressive looking cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Thats a beautiful car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

Many people like agressive looking cars

i'm one of them.

the mid-90s to mid-naughties mitsubishi galant is an aggressive looking car, "modelled by satan in the image of a shark" as i've heard it described

that skoda looks like a frankenstein's mangled monster with the rear-end of an old vectra, the front end of a squashed 1-series and the middle bits from every mundane mid-sized saloon on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Anyway, me thinks the best car in this sector this year will be this

http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionImages/gallery/newSuperb/gallery/_780x585/Superb_13.jpg

That Skoda looks like a combination of BMW 3/Nissan Tiida/Renault Megane. Too many angles. I prefer the current Skoda.

Back to the C5. I think it will result in a better market share for Citroën this year. I do think it has a certain A4 look about it, but inside it appears to be uniquely Citroën. It could be the beginning of the end for Citroën's poor rating in Ireland. Let's wait and see.......

• Advertisement

The estate looks even better than the saloon IMO.However, no matter how good a car citroen make, it'll still only sell in tiny numbers after that horrid old model.

Yup. In Ireland it certainly will. It will bomb in Ireland, no matter how good it is. Irish car buyers are extremely conservative, and nowhere is it more evident than in this sector. The Avensis, Mondeo and Passat could have a venomous snake included as standard and they would still sell as fast as they could make them.
    Also, will be interesting how the new Toyota(now costcutting, just have a look at the new auris) avensis will shape up, Have heard rumours it look like a big auris with a boot.

Go onto WorldCarFans.com. There's spy photos there of it. It looks like a stretched Auris with a boot. They are going to do what Merc did in the 90s when Merc decided that their cars were far too well built and I hope Toyota will pay a heavy price for it. They are already the world's most profitable manufacturer, it's not like say Jag who are in dire straights and therefore couldn't afford to spend lots of money on high quality fancy interiors, and now Toyota have decided to get greedy.

crosstownk wrote: »
    That Skoda looks like a combination of BMW 3/Nissan Tiida/Renault Megane. Too many angles. I prefer the current Skoda.
    The new Superb will have something very innovative indeed, you can open the boot in 2 ways, like a saloon's boot or like a hatchback if you need the extra versatility. This is the world's first hatchoon, or salback or haloon or salchback, whatever you prefer:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Lets try and keep the thread on track - Citroën C5, not Skoda Superb. Granted, I made a comment in relation to the Skoda earlier. But I'm really trying to get a feel for the response to the new C5.

Advertisement