Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I Imagine This

• 26-01-2008 4:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

I don't know what made me think of it, but I am nearly sure that during the latter part of the Attitude Era, that some Irish bloke was on the writing/ceative team within the WWF.

I vaguely remember him being interviewed on the Adrian Kennedy Phone-show (I think everyone listened to this plonker in their youth)

However, I cannot remember much about him or his name, and the internet has yielded nowt.

So, am I dreaming this whole thing up, or can anyone else remember this chap and possibly shed any light on his backstory and where he may be now.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Apparently not: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1460732&highlight=adrian+kennedy#post1460732

Pete Doyle. He sometimes has stuff printed on the Observer website and always gets readers disagreeing with him. Like here: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=21172, a column from a few months ago where he said Cena lacks talent. He did a column on booking ideas for WWE that I remember thinking was a bit ridiculous

His website: http://www.irishpete.com/index.html

I never knew he was Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eoin Heffernan

I don't know what made me think of it, but I am nearly sure that during the latter part of the Attitude Era, that some Irish bloke was on the writing/ceative team within the WWF.

I vaguely remember him being interviewed on the Adrian Kennedy Phone-show (I think everyone listened to this plonker in their youth)

However, I cannot remember much about him or his name, and the internet has yielded nowt.

So, am I dreaming this whole thing up, or can anyone else remember this chap and possibly shed any light on his backstory and where he may be now.

Cheers.

That was Pete Doyle. He was UPW's ring announcer, commentator, then commissioner before he was signed by WWE in 2001 as part of creative then left the following year. Following that he rejoined UPW in 2003. Havent got a clue where he may be now.

Edit: Fozzy just bet me to the punch. Bah!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He does be on wrestling weekly sometimes. I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ah cheers lads, I knew I couldn't have been imaging it.

I am sure he must have a few interesting tales to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I rang up FM104 that night he was on, it was shortly after the storyline where Angle was threatening to throw Austing off a bridge and had him crying like a girl, so i asked him what the hell they were playing at with having the "Toughest SOB in the WWE" crying at the hands of a guy who was basically a geek (All be it a very talented one). He basically said no one would remember it given time and it would not hinder Austin in any way and i suppose he was right. Got a Hardy Boys T-Shirt posted to me for my trouble as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement