Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Superbowl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭westair

Hey, we agree on something. :D

Here's to a good Superbowl!

Yeah...it will be a good game - all the drama etc surrounding the ankle and all is only lending excitement to the game.

BTW - don't know about the Pats but I don't think Obama is going to go all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the channels that have it are sky obviously, bbc2 and tv3

not gonna bother rehashing the arguing from the last few posts, really cant wait for this! have a great NYG fan friend coming to the superbowl party this year! its great, hes from new york and we will probably end up killing each other by half time!!!

gonna have a bitter (polish):confused: packers fan too and a few more like minded pats fans, this week is going so slow!!!

lets hope both teams field full strength teams and we have a great game and the best team wins? ahem.........p a t r i o t s!!!!!!

where is everybody gonna be watching it this year??? anyone else have superbowl parties??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 alannologo

The gaints dont have a chance as they have had thier day all the teams the beat on the road played very badly and this will not happen against the Pats

Pats will win by 12 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

westair wrote: »
    Tallagh - I am not trying to be all over the map on this but it might sound like that. I have not ever said that all Pats fan are idiots. I certainly don't think so. What I am trying to say is that a "culture" gets created in a team, in a sport - even in life - where cheating becomes OK because the object is to win at all costs. This is what I don't like about this occurrence and how it was handled by the NFL. I think they handled it very badly.

In previous posts I sent in links to articles to support what I was saying - sports writers opinions - but then I was reproached for doing that so i stopped and just expressed my own view. I really don't want to get into another endless back and forth on this so will just leave it. Maybe my life experience has soured me to cheating to win so just put it down to that.

in previous posts in my response to yours, I included links that were alternative to your views that it is such a big deal amongst sports writers, but you made no comment on that.

I also asked, and anyone that has a problem with the Pats and think they are cheaters, feel free to answer.

If the Pats were caught video taping the Jets from the stands, or if they had a team of coaches/officials writing down each signal and noting the down time, or illustrating each signal, how would you feel about that?

hanton12 wrote: »
    in previous posts in my response to yours, I included links that were alternative to your views that it is such a big deal amongst sports writers, but you made no comment on that.

I also asked, and anyone that has a problem with the Pats and think they are cheaters, feel free to answer.

If the Pats were caught video taping the Jets from the stands, or if they had a team of coaches/officials writing down each signal and noting the down time, or illustrating each signal, how would you feel about that?

Dude the answer is plain and simple - they broke the NFL rules - like when you break the law your lawyer doesn't give an alternative scenario to the jury to see if they would have liked that better! Do you get this - they...broke...the... rules... and the NFL said so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

jdivision wrote: »
    Do TV3 not have it?

They do, aye.

Dude the answer is plain and simple - they broke the NFL rules - like when you break the law your lawyer doesn't give an alternative scenario to the jury to see if they would have liked that better! Do you get this - they...broke...the... rules... and the NFL said so.

where in my post did I say they didnt break the rules. I repeatadly said in previous posts about all this that they broke the rules, they were caught and they were punished. Now that I have answered your reply, any chance you could answer mine?

hanton12 wrote: »
    where in my post did I say they didnt break the rules. I repeatadly said in previous posts about all this that they broke the rules, they were caught and they were punished. Now that I have answered your reply, any chance you could answer mine?

I did answer and maybe you see this but don't like the answer - the reason why they are in trouble is that they broke the rules. The other word for this is cheating. There is no other narrative here but you are trying to invent one and force it into the discussion. Sad that you are trying to give this a soft landing. Broken rules don't allow for alternatives - cheating is cheating. I am not going to get into a stupid illogical tangle because you have a problem with the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Wrecking Crew

Yeah, the Patsies were caught cheating, but who cares anymore? Apart from some Jets fans, nobody. A minor slap on the wrist is all they got. The whole thing has been swept under the carpet by the NFL and the media (especially ESPN). All this hoo-ha over a perfect season is all they care about. Tom Brady's a winner, Belithief's a winner, Randy Moss is a winner - that's all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Yeah, the Patsies were caught cheating, but who cares anymore? Apart from some Jets fans, nobody. A minor slap on the wrist is all they got. The whole thing has been swept under the carpet by the NFL and the media (especially ESPN). All this hoo-ha over a perfect season is all they care about. Tom Brady's a winner, Belithief's a winner, Randy Moss is a winner - that's all that matters.

Ask yourself why goddell pushed it under the carpet?

If it gets out that a very high percentage of coaches have been cheating :rolleyes: and getting away with it, it will make the NFL look like idiots. 80% of the coaches turned on Mangini after his outburst the reason been is because he ratted on the brotherhood. Mangini was no doubt part of a group who had done this kind of thing before how do you think he knew about dont forget he rolled in Bills crew not so long ago.

Look no Pats fan will deny it well maybe band wagon and not real fans that the camera was used we as fans were annoyed but hey life goes on NFL dealt with it andwe all move asI said before there are for more pressing issues on the season like a perfect season. The pats are within their rights to ignore the crap and move on after all players and coaches need to concentrate on whats important now a perfect season with a bowl win.

So Get over it and move folks.

• Advertisement

ok westair, you are happy to call the patriots cheaters, do you accept then that every team in the NFL are cheaters then?? they all do things that break the rules therefore they are all cheaters.

the NFL philosophy doesnt actually care about cheating or bending or breaking rules, all the fans want, all the owners want, is victory, success..... thats the climate

JUST WIN

i dont mind you repeating over and over in a boring way that the patriots broke the rules in a pseudo intellectual way in which you claim to be concerned about the NFL.....its bull**** to be honest, if you are going to keep having a pop at the pats then you are being a bigot because why single out one team when all teams do it?

its because its personal, its because your a jealous bitter little guy, its nothing to do with concern for the NFL integrity, NFL and integrity really are pretty far apart in fairness, the pressure of expectation is so much in the sport of american football that breaking the rules starts in high school football...gets worse in college, and then you have pro football

i love the NFL, i accept that due to the competitiveness rules will be bent, i dont expect my team to be morally perfect when its impossible to do that and compete in the sport

do i wish everything was fair in the sport?world?life? YES but its not the way of the world so just ****in get over it, grow up and find a new hobby

kryogen wrote: »
    ok westair, you are happy to call the patriots cheaters, do you accept then that every team in the NFL are cheaters then?? they all do things that break the rules therefore they are all cheaters.

the NFL philosophy doesnt actually care about cheating or bending or breaking rules, all the fans want, all the owners want, is victory, success..... thats the climate

JUST WIN

i dont mind you repeating over and over in a boring way that the patriots broke the rules in a pseudo intellectual way in which you claim to be concerned about the NFL.....its bull**** to be honest, if you are going to keep having a pop at the pats then you are being a bigot because why single out one team when all teams do it?

its because its personal, its because your a jealous bitter little guy, its nothing to do with concern for the NFL integrity, NFL and integrity really are pretty far apart in fairness, the pressure of expectation is so much in the sport of american football that breaking the rules starts in high school football...gets worse in college, and then you have pro football

i love the NFL, i accept that due to the competitiveness rules will be bent, i dont expect my team to be morally perfect when its impossible to do that and compete in the sport

do i wish everything was fair in the sport?world?life? YES but its not the way of the world so just ****in get over it, grow up and find a new hobby

If you really want this discussion to stop - and I do because I have said all I need to say - why do you keep putting bait out for more? Sorry, not taking this sorry bait. You'll just have to suck it all up.

If you really want this discussion to stop - and I do because I have said all I need to say - why do you keep putting bait out for more? Sorry, not taking this sorry bait. You'll just have to suck it all up.

Like me huh giving up on the whole thing :D It was fun while it lasted GO PATS :D:D

lol your unbelievabe, this is the first time i have responded to your crap!! i challenge you to find any post where i have engaged in this stupid debate with you before, suck it up? you are quite the wordsmith it see.....

anyway, good, then drop it for real, forget it, move on......

anyone have any news from the giants camp??? i havent read into much about them cause i been focusing on bradys injury and some other patriots stuff!

lol your unbelievabe, this is the first time i have responded to your crap!! i challenge you to find any post where i have engaged in this stupid debate with you before, suck it up? you are quite the wordsmith it see.....

anyway, good, then drop it for real, forget it, move on......

anyone have any news from the giants camp??? i havent read into much about them cause i been focusing on bradys injury and some other patriots stuff!

Dude me thinks he knows he is on the backfoot hovering over a cliff and challenging you will push him over the edge. :D:D

Giants are keeping quiet nothing out of their camp of significance.

Check out this vid hilarious. Remember that weird kid screaming and crying asking people to leave Britney alone now check this :D:D

:D Funny as fook

Dude me thinks he knows he is on the backfoot hovering over a cliff and challenging you will push him over the edge. :D:D

Hey..I don't know I think I did pretty good on my own driving you Pats guys crazy... that wasn't the object of it all but it turned out that way. But remember anger is no good - it drives you crazy before it reaches anyone else.

So relax and enjoy the bowl - news this morning is that Brady is in practice and only showing slight discomfort in his leg. Saw him running and he looked fine.

lol yeah it was great!!! i always enjoyed this one too, dunno if i should put it up though! someone might take it seriously or something!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw7G7enxEk&NR=1

injury reports are out tomorrow yeah, ill be interested to see if the giants have any concerns......besides eli mannings bottle of course! ;)

Hey..I don't know I think I did pretty good on my own driving you Pats guys crazy... that wasn't the object of it all but it turned out that way. But remember anger is no good - it drives you crazy before it reaches anyone else.

So relax and enjoy the bowl - news this morning is that Brady is in practice and only showing slight discomfort in his leg. Saw him running and he looked fine.

I couldnt care less what anyone else thinks if you knew me you would know that :D Your arguments are ridiculous in parts hence why people like myself and Kryogen argue with you. :rolleyes: Enjoy the Bowl dude GO PATS:)

lol yeah it was great!!! i always enjoyed this one too, dunno if i should put it up though! someone might take it seriously or something!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw7G7enxEk&NR=1

injury reports are out tomorrow yeah, ill be interested to see if the giants have any concerns......besides eli mannings bottle of course! ;)

What a video fooking hilarious :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

What a video fooking hilarious :D:D:D

Fitzy is always funny, of course somtimes real life can be funnier...

Osi Umenyiora of the Giants is a little weird in the bedroom, if this pretty 'model' is to believed: (warning, bare breasts displayed and sick (but funny) behavior described.... ) :D:D:D

http://claudi-osi.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

I really hope the Giants do it!

I think they will provide a shock to a lot of people

I did answer and maybe you see this but don't like the answer - the reason why they are in trouble is that they broke the rules. The other word for this is cheating. There is no other narrative here but you are trying to invent one and force it into the discussion. Sad that you are trying to give this a soft landing. Broken rules don't allow for alternatives - cheating is cheating. I am not going to get into a stupid illogical tangle because you have a problem with the facts.

THE PATRIOTS CHEATED. THE NFL CAUGHT THE PATIRIOTS CHEATING.

Now, that is cleared up. The Pats cheated, and I understand the facts that they were caught cheating. As in the last discussion over all this, I stated the very same and slated for them for being stupid, and as in the last thread, you ignored discussions to keep your own side going.

Could you please direct me to your answer to my question:

Its a simple request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

miceal wrote: »
    I really hope the Giants do it!

I think they will provide a shock to a lot of people

No chance IMO. The Colts or the Packers had a shot at beating them, and that's about it. But they screwed up, and one can only assume would have done so against the Pats anyway. 19-0 will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

anybody mention asterisk yet?:D

RuggieBear wrote: »
    anybody mention asterisk yet?:D

Im staying out of this but will gladly sit and watch with my maltesers popcorn and coke :)

Im staying out of this but will gladly sit and watch with my maltesers popcorn and coke :)

Ditto...pass the maltesers - got a Mars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anyone got any comments on the superbowl itself?

I think the Patriots will beat the spread; pulling away in the last quarter after an entertaining joust.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Anyone got any comments on the superbowl itself?

I think the Patriots will beat the spread; pulling away in the last quarter after an entertaining joust.

I'm feeling really nervous about it to be honest, while the Pats are favorites and 'should' win, nothing ever comes that easy. The Giants are doing really well away from home and are full of confidence, and will target a few hard hits on Brady and try ruffle him and his dodgy ankle up. Pats have played well below their best in the last 2 games, seemingly going back to solid play rather than spectacular blowing teams out of it, and other teams are finally copping on how to slow them down. Giants already had a shot and did well, just hope the Pats learned enough from that game and ones since to get through this one.

In saying that, the Giants themselves are lucky enough to be where they are. Tony Romo fecked up the last drive for the 'Boys, and Favre had the ball in OT to get GB to the superbowl, but credit to the Giants defence.

• Advertisement

yeah its kind of getting back towards that "feeling" i have! it just feels like 2001 but we are the rams and the giants are us!!! i still think the pats should win this, i hope so anyway.....i expect victory!

the injury reports are out today so ill check them and see who is likely to be missing for either team, bradys name will appear im sure as it has done for the past 2/3 years cause of the shoulder thing, and now cause of the ankle! but not to worry, if he can stand he plays

i still cant believe rivers played with a torn ACL though!!! respect!

Advertisement