Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK homes to get super-fast fibre at about 100Mbps.

Options
  • 26-01-2008 6:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

According to the BBC News web site, some UK homes are to get super-fast fibre at about 100Mbps. I suppose that means we can expect the same speed to be available in our homes in about 2018? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Oracle wrote: »
    According to the BBC News web site, some UK homes are to get super-fast fibre at about 100Mbps. I suppose that means we can expect the same speed to be available in our homes in about 2018? :rolleyes:
    Jasus that prediction is a bit of a long shot don't ya think LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

"Fibre firm H2O provides super-fast broadband via the sewers and either Bournemouth, Northampton or Dundee will be offered the service first."

I lived in Northampton for 16 years, they will let this slip by them, however I will be looking for a place to rent in the south of England his year, and if Northampton does get this, I will rent there.

I will of course post my speedtest.net results if and when.................just to give you an idea :)

Advertisement