Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World returns policy

Options
  • 26-01-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

What is the returns policy of PC World on unwanted items? I bought something there yesterday but I'm having second thoughts about it.

Can I return it (still sealed) and get a refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 King of Faces

2nd thoughts? That's not their fault. They will likely offer you a credit note/replacement, but they're not obliged to. If you "change your mind" you're legally entitled to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Fair enough, just wanted to know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

2nd thoughts? That's not their fault. They will likely offer you a credit note/replacement, but they're not obliged to. If you "change your mind" you're legally entitled to nothing.

Don't remeber the OP saying it was they're fault. It was a fair enough question to ask whether they will take it back.a lot of shops have return policies that go beyond your basic entitlements.

OP : PC world have a very good returns policy. And they will definitely exchange it no quibble and im pretty sure they will refund within 28 days. I have bought stuff there recently and found they're returns policy very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

7 days refund and 28 days exchange.

This is at the stores discretion, so be nice! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Magazine? If you subscribe, pick up an issue and look for email customer service and contact them. If you don't get satisfaction, you can also send a letter to the editor (which may prompt them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Damien Sreenan

Make sure you dont open the item!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Sure whats to say the op cant go into pc world and say their other half bought it for them and they already have it so they looking for a refund ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GAAman wrote: »
    Sure whats to say the op cant go into pc world and say their other half bought it for them and they already have it so they looking for a refund ;)

as long as you have the receipt and the item is unopened and good for re-sale, that's fine.

otherwise it's not the retailers fault you bought something and didn't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

as long as you have the receipt and the item is unopened and good for re-sale, that's fine.

otherwise it's not the retailers fault you bought something and didn't like it

even if it is unopened and in perfect condition, they're under no obligation to take it back but probably will. I'm sure you know that already, just wanted to make it clear in case there was confusion

Advertisement