Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Well what can you do?

Options
  • 26-01-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I was in Dublin and was in the left hand lane, which had a left and straight arrow marked on the road. I was top of the queue at the lights and there was also a straight ahead lane on my right, but the car was up to the stop line, and so was I. Anyway, the turn left arrow was green and as I wasn't turning left, I just waited for my green light. The taxi driver behind didn't like this and laid on the horn. So what would you do? There was enough room to move forward without blocking any junction but it would mean overpassing the stop line and blocking the crossing for pedestrians, if there had been any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Very common problem at many junctions.
    And what's even worse if when the straight ahead filter arrow comes on and the drivers in the left lane come flying around the corner and beeping at pedestrians who are crossing the road.:mad:

Stay where you are Cormie. If this left hand lane is for left and straight ahead then you did nothing wrong.
    But if this lane was left only then the taxi driver was dead right to beep you.

Where in Dublin was this out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm pretty sure it was number 1 here: http://www.communitywalk.com/james_dublin/map/206926

Actually, I'm not 100% sure it had the arrows on the road, but I was in the bus lane so just kept in the left lane, there was definitely no "left only" arrow anyway.

Advertisement