Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's burned out at the end of Viewmount Hill?

• 26-01-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

While dropping a friend home earlier today I spotted what looks like a load of burned out bits of metal and debris at the end of Viewmount Hill. It doesnt seem to be a car... but the curiosity was driving myself and my friends mad.

A bit of the space station perhaps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

saw it myself a while ago.looks like some one had a bonefire, think i saw a few road signs in there but is kinda strange that its still sectioned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

it is the remains of a womans campervan which someone attempted to steal last night but when they couldnt get it any further than where it is..... they burned it out.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

portlairge wrote: »
    it is the remains of a womans campervan which someone attempted to steal last night but when they couldnt get it any further than where it is..... they burned it out.....

God I hope the guards manage to catch whoever did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Yeah some friends of mine were coming back from town and passed it when the fire brigade were there!

Apparently it belonged to a woman who lived at the top entrance of Viewmount, I could be wrong on that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

What the **** is happening to this town?Some one should start some vigilante group and do the job the guards can't.The scum and the little ****s are ruining everything.
    That poor woman, I bet that she's gonna be screwed up and terrified for years to come all because of the moronic and selfish actions of a couple of idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Meatwad wrote: »
    What the **** is happening to this town?Some one should start some vigilante group and do the job the guards can't.The scum and the little ****s are ruining everything.
    That poor woman, I bet that she's gonna be screwed up and terrified for years to come all because of the moronic and selfish actions of a couple of idiots.

here here, the problem is the system is on the side of the scumbags in this country. We have do-gooders who say these young offenders have been forgotten by society or let down by the system, what a load of cock! yes, round up the little scumbags and knee cap them, no point in setting fire to their houses as a lot of them have been given houses by the hard working tax payer anyway, hence they have no respect for anything as they have been given everything in life without knowing the value of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Meatwad wrote: »

i know the woman and she is holding up well . No scum are going to mess up her life shes made of stroger stuff .And yes it would be nice to sort these types. But thats for the guards to sort out. We need more guards in this country and give them the right to give a little scum bag a kick in the **** and a box in the ear like they did in years gone by.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Here Here!

I have to agree with meatwad on this one,
    .What the **** is happening to this town?Some one should start some vigilante group and do the job the guards can't.The scum and the little ****s are ruining everything.

Damn idiots,hooligans. Does anyone know if there was a motive or anything. Nothing is more annoying than stupid people like them hooligans damaging and harming people and their property. I have to agree also that waterford in general is getting even more violent in the last few weeks and i have noticed this only living there during the week.My sympathy goes out to that woman, She has lost all now.It is the same in most cities where this happens it's because the guards don't have enough resources to deal with these "thugs".It is frustrating when you never see anything done to these thugs and it is easy to say that the gardai don't give a proverbial but in truth they are limited to what they can do and these groups of thugs can be very intimidating. Maybe just maybe we need to introduce some new system like i don't know for example citizen arrest. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Chances are it was juvenilles who commited this vandalism. Probably the same crowd that burnt out the car by the old Maxol garage.
    I think it's probably a bit irrational to say "kneecap them" or the like as they are genuinely in need of help and rather then just being punished....which in action is not even happening....they need some sort of support which currently isn't being provided by the already strained social services. To deal with the problem we need an alternative approach rather than a completely autocratic or a completely leniant approach.
    Areas like the Dunmore Rd,with its ever increasing population, needs more of a Garda presence if its even only a squad car passing through once or twice and evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

knee-cap them lol i like that idea :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement