Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Togster

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Slow coach wrote: »
    Seeing as he has 6 posts and they're all on this thread, how is he posting as a banned user?
    Errr 'coz he has 6 posts on this thread. Fairly easy to spot really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yes, Hagar, but he only re-regged to plead his case, which he is doing (and nowt else). Didn't you say that was acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

bubonicus wrote: »
    It is(kind of), I got banned from the equestrian forum for it.:D
    SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THERE THO.

IT WAS A THREAD STARTED BY ONE OF THE OFFENDING MEMBERS IN THE ARGUEMENT WITH TOGSTER, AND ITS A bs THREAD IN MY OPINION AND OPEN TO ALOT OF FLAMING

THE MODERATOR MADE A FEW ATTEMPTS TO KEEP IT STRAIGHT AND.. WELL

.. U KNOW THE REST ;)

apologies on the caps.. i wasnt looking at the screen when typing!!

bubonicus wrote: »
    It is(kind of), I got banned from the equestrian forum for it.:D

You were banned for flaming a thread where both myself and the other mod had said enough was enough.

PM me in a week to get back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Yes, Hagar, but he only re-regged to plead his case, which he is doing (and nowt else). Didn't you say that was acceptable?
    No, I said if he re-regged solely so that he could send a PM to the Admins it might be acceptable, as opposed to posting in public and thereby flaunting one of the basic rules of Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Chinafoot wrote: »
    +1

I also enjoy watching him romance Boston :p

Yea, what the hell was that all about. I'd personally prefer if he stayed banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*Hands Boston pepper spray*

No need, I rely on my personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Meanwhile, some cmods go around calling people "slow".

I didn't call him slow, I called him an idiot. its closer to being stop than slow. :P

çrash_000 wrote: »
    I didn't call him slow, I called him an idiot. its closer to being stop than slow. :P

ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh i'd leave him site banned for a month and then think about unbanning him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I miss Prison.

i-ar-inosent-test-teh-dna.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Not what I was thinking of Slow coach. Nice try though. Prison was more like:

LolCatRenderer-30.jpg

Not what I was thinking of Slow coach.

****, I'm losing my touch. I'm asking for my money back for those mind-reading classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

You were banned for flaming a thread where both myself and the other mod had said enough was enough.

Well, that's relative..:p
    PM me in a week to get back in.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hagar wrote: »
    No, I said if he re-regged solely so that he could send a PM to the Admins it might be acceptable, as opposed to posting in public and thereby flaunting one of the basic rules of Boards.
    In fairness, Hagar, he has only posted in Feedback, has not attempted to deceive, has made his apology, has not gone on a fight-teh-powah rampage, has not even asked to be re-admitted (tho' I have no doubt he's hoping that his sentence might be lightened! :D )
    sorry!! wrote: »
    No i really didn't. See my previous post. Why would i post who i was (see OP) if i didn't want anyone to know who i was?

I would personally see that as sticking (just!) within the spirit of the law, if not the letter ...

And I agree with Terry that togster has improved ... he's grand most of the time, just loses the head from time to time, and when he does ... :rolleyes:

Now, who does that remind me of? :confused:
    Boston wrote: »
    No need, I rely on my personality.
    Usually works, too! :p:D

Hmmm ... I vaguely remember trawling through back ancient threads here one day when I was bored and reading a comment from an Admin given his reason for re-admitting someone who had a fairly long history of being site-banned / re-registering under a different nick. It went something like: "XXX is that unusual thing ... a muppet who isn't actually aware he's a muppet!"

Can't remember who the Admin or the boardsie (who is still here) were* ... >_>

Personally, I think that comment could also apply to togster to a certain extent, and he has improved.

For what it's worth (i.e. sweet FA! :D) I'd agree with Terry / Karl / crash / Ruggie ...

(* Well, I can, but I'm not telling tales!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I miss Prison.

Yeaaaah! We need to get that fixed.

emo-kitteh-is-too-sad-to-go-on.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

sorry!! wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I was a tard. I miss boards :(

This is worse than breaking up with my girlfriend.

I was going to join the chorus of voices asking to lift the ban but then I read that. Are you sure you have your priorities straight here Togster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fair play to togster. The people who are bitching about him are just typical posters who love to use Feedback as an opportunity to be unpleasant - even if it's uncalled for.

Dudess wrote: »
    Fair play to togster. The people who are bitching about him are just typical posters who love to use Feedback as an opportunity to be unpleasant - even if it's uncalled for.

This guy has singled me out for personal harassment almost from the moment he arrived here. So much so I wondered if he was a returning user. He's been a complete tool towards me so frankly I'm glad to see him banned. Who are you to sit on a high horse judging me for my comments. He's only sorry he got caught.

randylonghorn; Different time, different situation. Theres a number of other higher profile examples of people who went from muppet to respected member, none did it by simply saying sorry. They did it by actually showing they had changed. The PM this guy sent out demonstrates that he hasn't.

I single hagar out for personal abuse once a day at least.

I've yet to see him cry about it, or threaten me with the banstick rectum insertion

This guy has singled me out for personal harassment almost from the moment he arrived here. So much so I wondered if he was a returning user. He's been a complete tool towards me so frankly I'm glad to see him banned.
    Sorry, I was referring more to the people who were accusing him of re-registering to evade a site ban etc, which is complete and utter bollocks - and dumb. He stated in the first post that he is togster. Sorry, but I'm finding it difficult to spot the "evasiveness" in that.
    Who are you to sit on a high horse judging me for my comments.
    Heh, me likes what you did there... :)

Look, I see where you're coming from but he has admitted ad infinitum that he has acted the gobshyt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sorry!!

Boston i'm sorry if i made you feel that way. I really didn't mean anything by it. It was meant in jest but one thing i have learnt is not everyone sees things the same way. So please accept my apology.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread again but felt compelled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Togster could have easily did the whole FTP TM thing on here but instead he is apologising.

He aint a bad all skin. Just cos we're members on boards dont mean we got to like each other, as long as Boston likes us.**

** he doesnt like me :(

Boston seems to dislike a lot of people.

Sorry, I was referring more to the people who were accusing him of re-registering to evade a site ban etc, which is complete and utter bollocks - and dumb. He stated in the first post that he is togster. Sorry, but I'm finding it difficult to spot the "evasiveness" in that.

Heh, me likes what you did there... :)

Look, I see where you're coming from but he has admitted ad infinitum that he has acted the gobshyt.

Fair enough.

Togster: Rejected.

Faceman: Who are you? Have we interacted in the past?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Faceman: Who are you? Have we interacted in the past?

Yes, we only ever agreed once.

The hurt, the hurt!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well, I missed this thread completely. I've been busy hunting muppets on the shooting forum (oh the irony).

Anyway, togster did PM me to apologise and I suggested he apologise to Luckystar (who, by the way, has also been slapped for being far from innocent in all of this).

Togster reacted in an adult fashion and expressed regret for going off the handle. Now, consider that I find most of what Togster has posted in feedback to be boarderline trolling and rabble rousing, I wasnt particularly interested in lifting the ban but he has changed my mind by accepting his share of the responsibility for his own ban and, well, I'm a sucker for that.

So, I've unbanned him (and deleted the togster2 account, which, had it had a single post, you wouldnt be back here).

Also, who the hell would create an account named "Sorry!!" to get around a ban... :)

Togster unbanned, warned.
    Luckystar, warned.

Ironically I think it was togster who was one of the more vocal people on the "feedback doesnt work and everyone just abuses you" thread :). Oh the huge manatee.

DeV.

ps: now I have to go back and see who I agreed with in this thread...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement