Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22lr change

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

what optics and mounts did you go with or did it come with the rifle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

newby.204 wrote: »
    what optics and mounts did you go with or did it come with the rifle?

Hawke Reflex 4-12x50 with std mounts. must get a good set of mounts sometime. Recently got Hawke and it's very good for hunting and targets

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

anyone else have an anschutz, what model?

DURC has three of them. Don't know exactly which model but they look like the one bunny shooter has. (That's apart from the Anschutz target rifles the club has.)

They shoot pretty well although we haven't gone to any competitions with them in my time in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I've only ever seen C out in the stand on .22 nights, but I'm almost entirely certain it's a different gun. The one bunny shooter has has a different, broader forend and different stock. That said, I've never had a good look. Keep meaning to as well.

I've only ever seen C out in the stand on .22 nights, but I'm almost entirely certain it's a different gun. The one bunny shooter has has a different, broader forend and different stock. That said, I've never had a good look. Keep meaning to as well.

Yeah, it's not quite the same, there are fixed iron sights on the DURC ones as well. IIRC A, B and C are all the same. We typically only use C as very few people want to shoot with those guns and I think the ejectors on A and B aren't the best. Or maybe it's the extractors, not quite sure.

• Advertisement

Yeah, once they start doing .22 again, want to take a bash of the sporter myself.

We should be back to .22 shooting real soon, once the range is put back together again.

Yeah, they were having a great laugh with the carpeting tonight. Need to get practice in anyway, so hope it opens up soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Newby

Frankonia have a nice S/H Anschütz 1451 for sale. No picture, but here's what they look like:

1451rbig.jpg

That's a walnut stock by the way. Frankonia say it's as good as new and only €329!

Link to Frankonia page. This is the export site. Sometimes it's not up to date and the stuff can be gone. The main Frankonia site is down for maintenance, otherwise you could check it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

For hunting purposes I used to zero on 22 lr 1.5" high at 50 yrds which would push the range out to about 1.5" low at 120, depends alot on ammo etc. its not target shooting accuracy but allows for clean kills. If I remember you have a 4 " drop with subs at 100 yrds with a 50 yrd zero, hence looking to "split the difference " is way to go.

• Advertisement

rrpc wrote: »
    Newby

Frankonia have a nice S/H Anschütz 1451 for sale. No picture, but here's what they look like:

1451rbig.jpg

That's a walnut stock by the way. Frankonia say it's as good as new and only €329!

Link to Frankonia page. This is the export site. Sometimes it's not up to date and the stuff can be gone. The main Frankonia site is down for maintenance, otherwise you could check it there.

I should take it that that is a good price for that rifle.

I should take it that that is a good price for that rifle.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swift220

I think you should get a .22wmr magnum much more range than .22lr

then im back up to the price of .17hmr and there would be no point in the change

Advertisement