Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games with the hardest Achievements

• 26-01-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Just looking through my game list and achievement points. I completed Blue Dragon (many moons ago). Probably spent 40+ hours on it and all I have to show for it is 30 achievement points:eek: I mean if you finish the game you should at least get a couple of hundred. The same with Eternal Sonata (120) and Perfect Dark Zero (95).

Anybody else come across any other unforgiving achievement list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guitar Hero 3. I've finished easy and medium, and I'm 8 songs from the end of hard.
    I've looked at the list of achievements in GH3, and some are ridiculous.

I have just finished Medium on Guitar Hero 2, and I have more achievement points in that so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

FEAR. I got 40 lousy points for completing the game.

I could have got ten or twenty more if I hadn't changed the difficulty level to easy by accident.

Still less than 100 for completing a game is a rip off.

Mind you it's easy to make up points on single player games like Bioshock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Id have to say Guitar Hero aswell. I hate really easy or really hard achievements and rather fun ones like Burnout Paradise and Crackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

call of duty 4 mile high club on veteran! its the last 20g i need but i dont think il ever get it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Some of the achievements in Burnout Revenge are evil, especially getting perfect in all events (damn burning laps make that seem almost impossible to me)
    Burnout Paradise seems great in comparison (I'm playing the PS3 version, but that seems to have a list of similar rewards.) I've got 25/60 of them so far and I've barely been trying...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

call of duty 4 mile high club on veteran! its the last 20g i need but i dont think il ever get it :(

Got that on thursday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

GH3 deffo.... Unless u've got the hands of God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Stick with it, and switch to the shotgun (the first, not in the toilet, has it).

The Guitar Hero 3 achievements are hard, and pretty dumb tbh. Playing the career on Hard with a standard controller? Hard, and stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

koneko wrote: »
    Stick with it, and switch to the shotgun (the first, not in the toilet, has it).

The Guitar Hero 3 achievements are hard, and pretty dumb tbh. Playing the career on Hard with a standard controller? Hard, and stupid.

but to do it would be an "achievement", no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Some of the multiplayer achievements in gears of war are pretty big.Would prob take you a couple of years to get some of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Dead or Alive 4, 50/75/100 wins in about 4 different game modes. Some luck of the draw online achievments too.

Guitar hero 3 is looking pretty hard too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Some of the multiplayer achievements in gears of war are pretty big.Would prob take you a couple of years to get some of them

not really,theonly hard one is "seriously" and that just involves playing a lot of ranked matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

not really,theonly hard one is "seriously" and that just involves playing a lot of ranked matches.

id say the one where you have to get a 1 million career score is harder

id say the one where you have to get a 1 million career score is harder

What achievement is this? I dont remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Dude, I cant even get the FNG under 20 secs. 21, 22 , 23 fecks sake :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

apparently finishing GH3 on the hardest setting is called 'Inhumane Achievement' :)

Loveless wrote: »
    apparently finishing GH3 on the hardest setting is called 'Inhumane Achievement' :)

No,finishing ttfatf on expert earns you the inhuman achievement.

What achievement is this? I dont remember it.

well sorry its 100 million you have to Earn 100,000,000 points total in Career.its called 100 Million!?! Gulp!?!

well sorry its 100 million you have to Earn 100,000,000 points total in Career.its called 100 Million!?! Gulp!?!

Umm,are you sure you have the right game?
    Since when did you earn points in gears of war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

He's talking about GH3, you're talking about GoW.
    While MHC in COD4 is hard, that's about the only challenging achivement and even then it's not overly difficulty.

I agree with DOA4, although I didn't play much of it anyway.

GH3 isn't great either. Completed all but one song on Hard and I've only got 200pts (done some other achievments too).

• Advertisement

Umm,are you sure you have the right game?
    Since when did you earn points in gears of war?

oh my apologies i thought you were talking about gh3:o

also anyone find sonic the hedgehog a bit hard on acheivements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

King Kong :D

Julez wrote: »
    King Kong :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-kv4QJnV8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

omg that was tough going , fair play to that guy for sticking with it :D

hmm i might just get that for the kid's as they love Avatar :p

Clover wrote: »
    omg that was tough going , fair play to that guy for sticking with it :D

hmm i might just get that for the kid's as they love Avatar :p

Yeah,for the "kids" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭quattro777

Oblivion, got 1000 points but it took 130+ hours !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

F.E.A.R. has the stingiest achievements ever.
    Some of them are ridiculously hard, there's very little motivation to go for them.

This achievement though needs little motivation:)
    Again may be impossible to unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

most of you are missing the point of this thread. just because a game requires 10000 kills before you get an achievement does not make it hard to get. its just playing the game normally.

or finishing oblivion and doing the guilds is not hard, not at all, it just takes some time.

finishing through the fire and the flames on expert in GH3 is hard. finishing call of duty 4 on the hardest setting, that is hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

bucks73 wrote: »
    Dude, I cant even get the FNG under 20 secs. 21, 22 , 23 fecks sake :D

The trick to this is to use just 1 bullet to hit each target. You get seconds taken off for being accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭quattro777

Bought a car from a dealer in the UK. When I went to collect the car he had already sent the V5 off to the DVLA instead of giving it to me. Rang the DVLA when I got back, told me to send them a V756 form and that it could take up to 8 weeks to sort out. Rang the dealer, said not to send any forms and leave it with him. V5 arrived in the post 3 days later

Advertisement