Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games with the hardest Achievements

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

quattro777 wrote: »
    Bought a car from a dealer in the UK. When I went to collect the car he had already sent the V5 off to the DVLA instead of giving it to me. Rang the DVLA when I got back, told me to send them a V756 form and that it could take up to 8 weeks to sort out. Rang the dealer, said not to send any forms and leave it with him. V5 arrived in the post 3 days later

I love it when people get lost :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

MHC in CoD4 was pretty hard!

Id be fairly happy if I got all the portal achievements! Ive 3 to get that will give me a 1000 in the orange box.. ill get them eventually lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

that avatar game clearly getting a reantal :P

thats ridiculous

i find some games are just annoying

achievements shouldnt be so much " put your whole gaming life into our game"

GH3 is ridiculous

fear was insane

virtua tennis 3 even has some harash points that take tme

most achievements that are tough are tough because they take so much time....

and i think thats why people get bored.

cod4 was on the right track, points for doing the game, not spending overtime on it, but getting points for your normal playthrough.

developers think that we only play their game???

and since points do nothing anyway except say how big my e-cock is, i think they need to focus it on single player and jsut finishing the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Want some easy points? Play Fight Night 3. Won 4 big fights in career mode and got about 750 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

To get 1000 in Final Fantasy XI is a bit silly. Getting a job class to lv 75 only gets you 30 points and theres about 18 of them, then do every mission in the game + expansion packs. Would take forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

A lot of people get so hung up on points its funny! I'll never go out of my way to get as many as possible. If I can do them suring a game and its fun or a bit of a challenge I'll go for it like but when it comes to insane ones like GH or fear I'll stay well away. It gets like an addiction for some people. lol
    A guy I know refuses to play original xbox games or PS/GC/WII games just because he won't be getting any achievements for it. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No competition here, none.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. They are, quite frankly, retarded. If anybody is familiar with the sham of a game that it is, they'll know what I mean.

I can't stop until a get just one, and that is killing me, but I can't have 0 Gamerscore beside a game on my tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Maddzy wrote: »
    To get 1000 in Final Fantasy XI is a bit silly. Getting a job class to lv 75 only gets you 30 points and theres about 18 of them, then do every mission in the game + expansion packs. Would take forever.

I FFXI even on the 360?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Feel free to pwn me for being a total n00b,but do achievement points count for anything?

As far as I can tell the level of my achievement points is inversely related tot he likelihood that I have a girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

zuchum wrote: »
    Feel free to pwn me for being a total n00b,but do achievement points count for anything?

As far as I can tell the level of my achievement points is inversely related tot he likelihood that I have a girlfriend.

Lol, no they don't cont for anything. I think they serve as a substitute for hi-scores etc. Back in the day it was all about getting the highest score. This has disappeared over the last 10-15 years or so. Achievements has gone some way to bring this back.

Maybe it only appeals to older gamers that grew up with scores etc., I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Asmodean wrote: »
    A lot of people get so hung up on points its funny! I'll never go out of my way to get as many as possible. If I can do them suring a game and its fun or a bit of a challenge I'll go for it like but when it comes to insane ones like GH or fear I'll stay well away. It gets like an addiction for some people. lol
    A guy I know refuses to play original xbox games or PS/GC/WII games just because he won't be getting any achievements for it. :confused:

haha yeah, i have 0 GS for that game. not only because the acheivements suck, but because the game is so crap i cant be bothered going back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, I've thought that achievement point don't bother me at all and I do find my self keeping an eye on them, and even buying the odd game on the 360 over the PS3 just for gamer points, I think its a great marketing stradagy by M$. I think its worked a lot better than they even planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

tman wrote: »
    I FFXI even on the 360?:p

Yes, for about the last 2 years.
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/667329/Final-Fantasy-XI-Online/Product.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 QesQnr

Dead rising has some very hard achievements.
    Ones like Saint and Transmissionary I am never going to even attempt, because the survior AI is, for want of a better word, retarded.
    I've gotten some real time consuming ones out like Max Level, Zombie Genocider, and Karate Champ and I still have only 580/1000 points. Just over 50%
    Gonna try for the infinity mode ones and leave the game at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I never set out to get achievemnts i just get them, i cudnt be arsed about sitting down to get 50000 kills for like 5points, i would rather give the misses a good belling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Fifa 07 Omg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

No competition here, none.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. They are, quite frankly, retarded. If anybody is familiar with the sham of a game that it is, they'll know what I mean.

I can't stop until a get just one, and that is killing me, but I can't have 0 Gamerscore beside a game on my tag.

I stupidly picked that game up cheap, thinking I'd be able to get some easy gamer points off.
    Little did I know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I never set out to get achievemnts i just get them, i cudnt be arsed about sitting down to get 50000 kills for like 5points, i would rather give the misses a good belling

Yeah there's a lot of them that are bent, no fun in trying to get them at all more got to do with how much free time you have to play as opposed to how good you are at the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I remember playin tiger woods 06. Only 200 points if you can achieve #1 ranking in any online game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

COD 4, i think the single player acheivements are pretty good, (20 pts per level), i'm a bit surprised that there are no points to be had on the online games.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Good, I hope others follow that example and leave out online achievements, it just attracts idiots who want to boost off each other. COD4 has it's own ranking system for online anyway, you get unlocks and a rank/level, that's achievement enough and avoids situations like Lone Wolves in Halo 3 ("Guuuyssss line up so I can get the Steppin Razor achievement kk?")

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The easiest game I've got 1000 points in is NBA 2k6, I played one game and had all the points :D (haven't gotten my hands on Avatar yet)

The hardest game I've played to get 1000 is COD4, you have to be very good to complete it on Veteran, not like R6V where you have to keep playing T-hunts over and over and over just to get to elite!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Agree. COD4 is very hard to get the 1000. FNG and Skydive on Vet make it very hard. Almost finished COD2 on vet and while the campaign is probably harder than COD4, it is straightforward enough...you just need patience to get those 1000 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mcgovern wrote: »
    I stupidly picked that game up cheap, thinking I'd be able to get some easy gamer points off.
    Little did I know....

Very same as me. I saw it for €20 shortly after it came out. Thought it would be a laugh at very least... I was wrong. Very wrong!
    bucks73 wrote: »
    Almost finished COD2 on vet and while the campaign is probably harder than COD4, it is straightforward enough...you just need patience to get those 1000 points.

I agree about COD2 on vet being harder than COD4, quite a bit imo. Don't think COD4's achievements are overly hard tbh, only overly tough one is Mile High Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I just got the mile high club achievement and it only took about an hour to do so :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

I just got the mile high club achievement and it only took about an hour to do so :confused:

ive given up on it but id love to get it so i have a nice 1000g beside my cod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Maddzy wrote: »

Hmmmm... shows how much I care about the FF series...
    Should've really got my facts straight first though, sorry:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

achievement points are good way of telling if the person on your team is any good at the game or not (which in some games like Battlestations:Midway if someone doesnt know the game and tactics means you've as good as lost before you've even started)

easiest to get a 1000 points was fight night, for each time you level up you get 100 and by the final chamionship fight you've got the 1000 in the bag

hardest is Battlestations:Midway , you will not get the last 200 points unless your a booster (and boosters suck :( )

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Must say Burnout Revenge.

You have to get perfect ratings in every course on the hardest levels to get some offline achs.

Took it out last night and realised I'd be there all night. Put back in Bioshock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Blue Dragon, the entire game. The most I've ever seen anyone get from it was 10g:(

Advertisement