Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games with the hardest Achievements

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

miju wrote: »
    achievement points are good way of telling if the person on your team is any good at the game or not

I generally find that's the total opposite. Always has been. Not quite achievements but anyone highly ranked in a game is someone who just puts ridiculous amounts of time into a game, or begs people or plays like an arse purely for a high rank or points.

Used to slaughter tons of high ranked people in Battlefield 2 who'd leave in a huff because their 1000+ hours counted for nothing when they weren't laming it up in a tank :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2 or Street Fighter IV. Both games require a lot of skill and time to get achievements.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Liber8or wrote: »
    I am surprised nobody has mentioned Ninja Gaiden 2 or Street Fighter IV. Both games require a lot of skill and time to get achievements.

Thought SF IV was easy enough to get points. In fact according to mygamertag that's my top game for over achievement.

roguejt's Game Data For STREET FIGHTER IV
    STREET FIGHTER IV
    245.45% Overachievement
    Last Played on 19 May 2009 16:19:10 (Your Local Time)
    GamerScore:
    540/1000 (54%)
    MGC Average: [roguejt's GamerScore is above the MGC Average!] 156.32 (All)
    Achievements:
    30/48 (62%)
    World Rank: 17,065 (+1,299) of 277,038

going through Burnout Revenge's achievements now.
    Got a few by just recommending and uploading a clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

MK vs. DC Universe. Those Kombo Challenges are rough, and only worth 5g each.

I didn't find Blue Dragon to have hard achievements, have 950g in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I find the older xbx games are harder to get achievments on. In those early days they really were achievments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

Liber8or wrote: »

has no one here played Ninja Gaiden 2 on master ninja mode? to me finishing that was the hardest achievment ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

cod 4"heat" and "mile high" ...."one shot, one kill" is a **** tooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

As a matter of interest - what are the achievements in the Football Manager games like? I'd imagine they might have some fairly tough ones...

Edit: Just found this;
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/football-manager-2008/achievements/

In my opionion there's too many bull**** achievements.

"get the crowbar in half life 2"
    I mean it's feckin impossible not to get it. some "achievement"

Also far too many online achs - like 50% achs in a lot of titles are online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

jayteecork wrote: »
    Also far too many online achs - like 50% achs in a lot of titles are online.

Agreed. Although I dont mind if they are gainable in player matches and not public. Had a lot of fun trying to get the different weapon and gametype ones on Rainbow 2 with others on my friend list but couldnt be bothered even trying to get any of the public achievements on Gears 2. Only play private matches on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 on Realistic

Because its glitched...If you dont play it the entire way through each mission, you wont get the achievement, because if you save and quit, it resets to normal. Total Pain...

Apart from that, as stated above GH3, I think I only have 75 points outta that, and probably put about 75 hours into it too.

RE 5 - Beat the game on Professional

It was the last achievement i had to get, Professional difficulty is very tough, got fed up of it and traded it. Couldnt face ANOTHER playthrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Did anyone mention Hexic HD?

Jesus Christ.

Did anyone mention Hexic HD?

Jesus Christ.

I got one ach there.

Never ever going back to that game, ****ing awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

CKWPORT wrote: »
    RE 5 - Beat the game on Professional

It's not as bad as it seems, aside from some of the bosses! The online achievements are extremely tough though, especially the one for getting a 40 combo in Team Slayers. Getting 30 wins in each mode was time consuming too. Of course, I loved the game (I seem to be one of the few here who do!), so that made it a bit easier.

I'm presently doing the time trials in Tomb Raider Anniversary, they're quite tough. I suspect the time trials in Mirror's Edge are nasty too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah for the professional achievement on Resident Evil 5 if you have the rocket launcher and a magnum with infinite ammo you'll be sorted. And I presume you have those if the only achievement left to get is to clear it on professional. And clearing it with a mate online helps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Moiph wrote: »
    Yeah for the professional achievement on Resident Evil 5 if you have the rocket launcher and a magnum with infinite ammo you'll be sorted. And I presume you have those if the only achievement left to get is to clear it on professional. And clearing it with a mate online helps too.

I forgot that you could use the infinite weapons to get the achievements...the old school RE purist in me wouldn't let me use them! It's not that bad with normal weapons either though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

star ocean: the last hope fighting eathereal queen with 20000000 hp if you are a noob fighting her even if you are lvl 200 you can't defeat her...

Advertisement