Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Ford Focus in Ireland?

Options
  • 26-01-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at ordering a new style Ford Focus Ghia soon ... does anyone know when they will start arriving in Ireland and what the wait time is likely to be? Also, can anyone confirm a rumour i heard that if i order a focus with the bluetooth option that i definitely won't get it until summer? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Its Feburary in Britain so I would reckon the same here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Launching in March here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definately March by all accounts.

Best thing to do is ring a dealer as to when one with bluetooth can be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MickH503

Cheers lads. Trying to get info over the phone on options,etc the dealers aren't very interested in helping. The Ford.ie site doesn't have a lot of info on new focus and the UK website doesn't offer Ghias for sale anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most dealers will probably only be interested in shifting their stock of the old model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

The Ghia is being retired and the Titanium will now be the top of the range focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

randomer wrote: »
    The Ghia is being retired and the Titanium will now be the top of the range focus.
    They're still selling the Mk3 Focus in Ghia trim in Germany!

Though as they're not offering the new Focus in Ghia trim in the UK, I very much doubt they will offer it here.
    As others have said, it's coming in March here.

E92 wrote: »
    They're still selling the Mk3 Focus in Ghia trim in Germany!

Though as they're not offering the new Focus in Ghia trim in the UK, I very much doubt they will offer it here.
    As others have said, it's coming in March here.

Yeah, I read a thread on here a while back about the Ghia trim level being retired worldwide, but then Ford have this preview brochure on their website, which shows what options come with the new Focus Ghia, but it doesn't show the standard Ghia wheels or explain the interior trim options for Ghia. Is this an error by Ford Ireland because there will be no Ghias available?

MickH503 wrote: »
    Yeah, I read a thread on here a while back about the Ghia trim level being retired worldwide, but then Ford have this preview brochure on their website, which shows what options come with the new Focus Ghia, but it doesn't show the standard Ghia wheels or explain the interior trim options for Ghia. Is this an error by Ford Ireland because there will be no Ghias available?

I doubt it if it is in an official Ford brochure. What is strange is the CO2 figure for the 1.6 TDCi. It should be 118 g/km, as opposed to 124 g/km they have down.

I doubt it if it is in an official Ford brochure. What is strange is the CO2 figure for the 1.6 TDCi. It should be 118 g/km, as opposed to 124 g/km they have down.

It says it's published by "Henry Ford & Son Limited, Cork, Ireland. December 2007. (c) Ford Motor Company Limited" ... so it must be official?:confused:

• Advertisement

It says it's published by "Henry Ford & Son Limited, Cork, Ireland. December 2007. (c) Ford Motor Company Limited" ... so it must be official?:confused:
    What I meant was you asked the question "Is this an error by Ford Ireland because there will be no Ghias available?" and my response was "
    I doubt it if it is in an official Ford brochure", i.e. I doubt it that Ford Ireland made an error on their own brochure about what they are going to offer here.

What I meant was you asked the question "Is this an error by Ford Ireland because there will be no Ghias available?" and my response was "
    I doubt it if it is in an official Ford brochure", i.e. I doubt it that Ford Ireland made an error on their own brochure about what they are going to offer here.

*Cleans glasses* ... now I see ... apologies!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jmurph

I was in Drive in Cork and they had the new Focus in the showroom the Brochure they had there had a Ghia option ( although there were mentions of the Titanium in the options section but no Titanium model). they still only have the 1.6 TDCI as a 90bhp and the 1.8 115bhp which is disappointing as compared to the 1.6 it is old and rough.
    The 1.6TDCI is shown as 124g/km CO2. does anyone know when or if the 110bhp version and the sub 120g/km diesels are coming to Ireland such as the ECOnetic, although the 1.6 diesels are all suposed to be under 120g/km now anyway?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hi, I'm looking at ordering a new style Ford Focus Ghia soon ... does anyone know when they will start arriving in Ireland and what the wait time is likely to be? Also, can anyone confirm a rumour i heard that if i order a focus with the bluetooth option that i definitely won't get it until summer? Thanks.
    Im after seen about 6 of them ghia's. did someone here say they are to be replaced by the titanium range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jmurph

The Brochure only has Freedom, Style, Zetec and Ghia. No Titanium. the Titanium was above the Ghia in the old Focus. a link to the Brochure below.

http://www.ford.ie/ie/coming_soon/ms_f07_focmca/focmca_ebro/-/-/-/-#

Advertisement