Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Required a good but reasonable Bumper Repair

Options
  • 26-01-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I recently tipped a high kerb in which I damaged the lower section of the front bumper on my Focus. There is some scuff, peeling along the crease and a small dent in it. I was quoted €160 to repair it which I think is too much. After all this SMART repair technology is supposed to reduce costs. The guy mentioned about painting the whole lower section I thought only the damaged area was treated. I could replace the section for that price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Body repiar of any kind aint cheap, my soulution... Halfords, amerey paper, primer, spraypaint and a Ballpin hammer to remove the dent and some elbow greese, Total cost.. around 40 quid max

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

€160 sounds very reasonable for a bumper repair to me. On what basis do you think it's too much? Because it's more than you want to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

€160 is a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

I agree with Volvo boy, €160 is a very good price for bumper repairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

€160 is a very good price. I know a lad who recently paid €400 to get a hole in a Camry bumper repaired.

• Advertisement
Advertisement