Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favourite Arcade game?

• 26-01-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

After playing Undertow, I was pleasantly surprised.

Are there any other games on Xbox Live Arcade worth getting. I'm familiar with the classics so I'd like to get something new - especially if it has co-op.

What are people here playing?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Puzzle quest is pretty much essential. Stupidly good mix of RPG and puzzle game.

Same goes for Castlevania Symphony of the night which is one of the greatest bames ever made. You'd be crazy not to pick it up.

Geometry wars is a fantastic high score chaser.

Metal Slug 3 is great and a good co-op game.

Don't be put of by the old school looks because pac man championship edition is a great way to waste 10-60 minutes, really addictive and fun.
    I really like Omega 5 but it's not for everyone. same again for space giraffe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Bomberman Live or Worms keeps me coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Same goes for Castlevania Symphony of the night which is one of the greatest bames ever made. You'd be crazy not to pick it up.

Geometry wars is a fantastic high score chaser.

What he said. Both utterly essential games imo.
    Geometry Wars should suit you well if you liked Undertow, great for a quick blast every now and again...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am the King of Kong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am the King of Kong.

:confused:
    Oh are you talking about actual arcade games, rather than Xbox Live Arcade games?
    Still: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah yeah, actual Arcade games, Donkey Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I know it's not an arcade game, but has anyone played Psychonauts?

Have a few points to spare and might get a few arcade games or Psyschonauts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

silvine wrote: »

Psychonauts is probably the best platformer of the last generation. It is hilarious, imaginative and just straight up fun. Probably second only to Strangers Wrath as must have Xbox 1 titles.

Very strongly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Assault Heroes is pretty good
    Still have to play loads as I got 10 free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Psychonauts is probably the best platformer of the last generation. It is hilarious, imaginative and just straight up fun. Probably second only to Strangers Wrath as must have Xbox 1 titles.

Very strongly recommended.

I'd put it way ahead of strangers wrath. Brilliant game, had me cracking up in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Worms ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Bomberman Live is well worth it.
    Worms is good, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Gotta recommend SOTN again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

blankshot billiards 2 I bought it the first day i got the xbox and have being playing it ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

silvine wrote: »

Do it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

alien hominoid hd lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

alien hominoid hd lol

I think Alien Hominid is a complete turd. I don't care that it was made by a tiny independent developer or that the animation is nice and original. It's simply a bad game that's doesn't live up to other games in the genre like metal slug or contra shattered soldier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Just to remind people if you set up an American account you can download aegis wing full game for free.Its headwrecking though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I enjoyed aegis wing when I got into 4 player games. its not too good on your own though.

Track and field is great, worms and geometry wars are very good too and I really like marble blast ultra when it came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Undertow:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

blankshot billiards 2 I bought it the first day i got the xbox and have being playing it ever since.

Great game, bought it a few days ago.

Geometry wars is very addictive too, metal slug is worth getting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

I think Alien Hominid is a complete turd. I don't care that it was made by a tiny independent developer or that the animation is nice and original. It's simply a bad game that's doesn't live up to other games in the genre like metal slug or contra shattered soldier.

thats why there was a lol in it... i only got it because it looked good but it wasent :( like it says when downloading a game-no refunds

Well a lot of people seem to like it and it got some good reviews despite it being quite a poor game. I'm all for independent developers but if they make awful games they should be reviewed as awful games.

Can't wait for Raiden Fighters Jet Ace. Looks the business and the arcade games are supposedly excellent.

Forgot that Rez HD is out tomorrow. Thats a definite must have.

Forgot that Rez HD is out tomorrow. Thats a definite must have.

The very day my red ringing brick is being hauled away for repairs.
    Someone is acting against me - no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get to play Rez. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Bankshot Billiards, Street Fighter 2, Texas Hold'em.

I also bought Bankshot the week I got the 360 over a year ago and still play a few games every time I turn the console on. Well worth the money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I still think Hexic is the best game on the arcade, the second one is a bit pants but the original is fantastic. But all games shall be punished and discarded when Peggle is released. Prepare to lose your spare time people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Peggle = digital crack.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Marble Blast Ultra.
    By the way, anyone play the full version of Switchball?
    I downloaded teh demo but the levels on show were so SLOW.
    Does it improve in the full game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I quite like Geometry Wars, even though its really hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

For shame, noone's mentioned Carcassone! Superb strategy board game with very simple yet deep gameplay. Cracking fun with a few people on Live.

Advertisement