Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That golf ball thingy

• 26-01-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey evrybody,

i just had been told by running coach and some runnin friends that movin a golf ball under you r foot is good for you, it helps massage out your muscles or sumtin???
    can ne one help! is it true??

Thanks, :D

Andy800

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Some people find it good when they have pain in the arch of their foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

xebec wrote: »
    Some people find it good when they have pain in the arch of their foot.
    These people need support for their arches. You can get said support from some shoes, or if not, Boots sells soles that are esp designed to be put into the shoe, for support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Andy800 wrote: »
    Hey evrybody,

i just had been told by running coach and some runnin friends that movin a golf ball under you r foot is good for you, it helps massage out your muscles or sumtin???
    can ne one help! is it true??

Thanks, :D

Andy800

Hi mate, I don't know what to say. I have heard of some weird stuff during my time as a runner and to be honest have tried some of them, but I nearly choked on my drink reading this. Was there a specific reason this was recommended to you?

Seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Andy800

eh it. is supposed to stop arch pain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Andy800

Odysseus wrote: »
    Hi mate, I don't know what to say. I have heard of some weird stuff during my time as a runner and to be honest have tried some of them, but I nearly choked on my drink reading this. Was there a specific reason this was recommended to you?

Seamus

stops arch pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Good for plantar fasciitis.
    Won't do anything for performance...it's just massaging the sole of your foot - so only do it if you have plantar fascitis or you like massaging your foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Well best of luck with it, personally I would either go with the syco's suggestion or see a physio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I was told to use a bottle under my foot when I was a young fellow similar to a golf ball. 20 years later still do, more of a relaxing thing after a hard session when flaked on the couch and I wouldn't be too convinced of any benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lads, if you wish, I can give you a number for a dude in Blanch hospital who specializes in this. After an initial appointment he'll either advise you to goto Boots (if you're not bad) to get the soles for supporting your arches, or order in special soles for you if your arches are really f**ked (costly, but effective).

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the_syco wrote: »
    Lads, if you wish, I can give you a number for a dude in Blanch hospital who specializes in this. After an initial appointment he'll either advise you to goto Boots (if you're not bad) to get the soles for supporting your arches, or order in special soles for you if your arches are really f**ked (costly, but effective).

i think there is cross purposes talk on the thread. the golf ball thing has nothing to do with your 'arches'. it is often used for people with a plantar injury to aid the healing process. It is quite helpful and I had in recommended to me by a couple of physios when I had trouble. In general a plantar injury is nothing to do with your 'arches'

• Advertisement
Advertisement