Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie wont load in Firefox

Options
  • 26-01-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

OK I had this problem a few months ago and it just went away eventually, but now is back. It takes ages for a page to load in Firefox, sometimes up to 15 mins! Whereas its normal in IE7.

Cant figure out why this is.

I would use IE7 except there is a drawback; I think the print size is too small and I can increase it in Firefox by pressing Ctrl and using the mouse scroll wheel. However when I do that in IE7 (you have to turn the scroll wheel the opposite way..!) it seems to enlarge the page so that it moves off the screen whereas Firefox does not.

Any solutions for either problem?

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I posted it in Helpdesk and it looks like no one visits there....! Move this if you have to. thanks.

h
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This should be in feedback. Are you using plugins in firefox? Tried a clean profile?
    As for IE, text size on normal should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Try firefox in its safe mode where all themes and adon and stuff is disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Moved from Satellite. Can't imagine why posted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm using Firefox version 2.0.0.11 and it's loading up fine for me. Is your cache full? Try emptying the cache. Have you updated Firefox recently or added any toolbars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Working okay for me, clearing the cache may work as suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Run Cookie Cleaner, clear cache, temporary internet files etc...sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

works fine for me accept that the dropdown lists of forums sometimes appear "behind" the google ads and are unclickable which is a pain in the hole

the only addons ihave are flashgot and fasterfox

and im on a mac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Firefox works fine with boards.ie. Run CCleaner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Just use IE. Go to view/text size and adjust to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Firefox works fine with boards.ie. Run CCleaner?

Cookie cleaner saves you having to manually clear temp folders and browser cache its fuppin great, big performance increases after scanning and removing all the ****e thats left behind. I also use AD block plus and it lets you remove google ads another great firefox addon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Hal1 wrote: »
    Cookie cleaner saves you having to manually clear temp folders and browser cache its fuppin great, big performance increases after scanning and removing all the ****e thats left behind. I also use AD block plus and it lets you remove google ads another great firefox addon. :)
    It also means Crap Cleaner :D. It does increase performance and it's like all the windows tools just packed together in one handy suite.

I think it would solve a lot of firefox problems for you. imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Ok first things first! I did apologize in advance for posting it in Satellite, but I couldnt see where to post it other than helpdesk, and theres no activity there at all.

I did all the things you suggested before, and it improved matters. Right now I deleted all cookies from Firefox and the site loaded for me. But why should this be? This is the only site I have problems with.

Yes in IE7 I can increase the text using the mouse scroll wheel and ctrl, but the page eventually moves off centre and off the screen. In Firefox it doesnt.
    Using View-Increase text size works on all other sites in IE7 but not Firefox! For me anyway. Nothing happens. Is this weird?

h

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just on a point of information, Help Desk is as active as it needs to be. I should think that all of the SMods are subscribed to it, so when we see there's a new post, we deal with it. Ruubot tends to deal with most things because of his omnipotence.

When it's a user-specific problem, post in Help Desk and when it's related to the site, post in Feedback.

Firefox acts like a bitch sometimes, you just have to live with it. Clear your cookies and cache and things tend to go back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

ITYM omnipresence, unless he lost a star along the way.

Advertisement