Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Question

Options
  • 26-01-2008 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

To get DSL broadband, would I have to get it through the same company who supplys my phone bills, or could I stick with my current phone provider and get a different DSL provider??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yeah, thats possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,120 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Forky wrote: »
    To get DSL broadband, would I have to get it through the same company who supplys my phone bills, or could I stick with my current phone provider and get a different DSL provider??

No, it all has to be the one provider or reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,120 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yeah, thats possible.

It is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

It depends on the provider, some will just provide DSL and not phone, although generally a bundle works out much cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Boggles wrote: »
    It is?

Yup - for example I have calls on TalkTalk and my DSL with BT.

No reason one can't mix and match most providers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

No reason indeed. Some providers discount the broadband if you take a phone package as well - BT & UTV for example.

Line rental is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

You'll always have to pay eircom for yer line rental, or some companies will intergrate it ito their bill... However if I'm not mistaken eircom are getting line rental of everyone woh has a phone in the country. Bit of a monopoly if you ask me

Advertisement