Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EPS light on in 04 A3

Options
  • 26-01-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi

The EPS warning light has come on in my mates A3, he says that nothing feels different about the steering. what's the usual symtoms of this happeneing? He hoping its just faulty light.

Thanks

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Are you sure its not an EPC light that as come on? Either way its a trip to a mechanic with that light on. If it is EPS as you say at worst it may be a faulty Power Steering Unit or it may require a top up of fluid. Failing that it'll need to go onto the diagnostic machine to get to the bottom of it.
    In my experience it has popped on for a reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Souness wrote: »

He hoping its just faulty light.

Nope - it's come on for a reason.
    bbability wrote: »
    Are you sure its not an EPC light that as come on? Either way its a trip to a mechanic with that light on.
    In my experience it has popped on for a reason...

I'd have to agree. And I'd be inclined to think that it's an EPC light too. I thought the if a power steering fault occurred that a light with a steering wheel symbol came on.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Are the brake lights stuck on? If they are it's prob the brake light switch, common problem with golf/a3.

How to change it here
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1158315

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Not trying to hijack thread but I have an A4 with the Airbag warning showing. I'll have this checked shortly as part of service but is there a known issue?
    Are the brake lights stuck on? If they are it's prob the brake light switch, common problem with golf/a3.

How to change it here
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1158315

Neil
    true Neill, but its the brake warning light that shows not the EPS.
    In fact I had the brake switch problem within 4 months of purchasing my A4, been fine since(2 yrs later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

JackieChan wrote: »
    Not trying to hijack thread but I have an A4 with the Airbag warning showing. I'll have this checked shortly as part of service but is there a known issue?

Do you need a known issue? Go get your life-saving safety system checked out before something happens!

• Advertisement
Advertisement