Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus Open Final Tennis: Really good bet

Options
  • 26-01-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Tennis - Australian Open - N Djokovic vs J-W Tsonga

How many aces in the match?

Ans: over 22.5 @5/6(ladbrokes)

What weve got is 2 players who are not shy at hitting aces and a match that looks to go 4 sets or over. If the match goes 4 sets or more i would go so far as to say the bet is totally nailed on. Why?. Well just take both players ace tally in ther last game. Both semis only went 3 sets for each player yet their respective aces in that game added together came to easily cover 22.5.

The bet is only in danger if Djokovic wins in straight sets or easily in straight sets. Basically what helps this bet is the more games the better. I hope to see 4 sets played. Even if its won in 3 sets and they arent blowout sets im confident they can achieve over 22.5 aces. With each set past 3 you can expect 4-6 aces to help the tally so thats why i say the more sets and play in general the better.

This is a really solid bet to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Excellent spot, well done. 10 aces in the first set so it looks very likely to come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I read this yesterday but didn't have time to comment. I initially thought that 22.5 was a tad high but you seem to have done your homework and I hope it comes off for you. Very nice research and well argued.

Although to be honest, I hadn't even heard of Tsonga before this week. You have your four sets anyway, I have no idea what the ace count is but I watch with figures crossed.

Great post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Very good spot ...well done and congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

this come in? if so well done aidan keep em coming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks. Yeah 26 aces in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement