Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having your Bike Saddle is a pain the arse!

Options
  • 26-01-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I recently had my bike saddle stolen when my bike was parked in town. Its such a pain in the arse (excuse the pun). Anyhow, I took some photos recently of bikes around town which also had parts removed. Saddles and front wheels seem to be most popular items of thief.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Some people take their saddles with them if they are quick release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

I Always Take The Front Wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I always take your front wheel!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I remember seeing a saddle (just a saddle, nothing else) locked to a railing once. The guy who owned the bike wasn't the brightest me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Maybe the bike was locked somewhere else...? By keeping them apart, you'd make it harder to rob the bike. Locking the saddle somewhere would also save you having to carry the thing around.
    I remember seeing a saddle (just a saddle, nothing else) locked to a railing once. The guy who owned the bike wasn't the brightest me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Walking past Heuston Station the other night, I saw just a pannier rack locked to the railing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Doesnt always mean it is nicked. If I am out for a spin and have no lock I will take the front wheel off, then I leave it at a bustop outside a shop. It can look like it belongs to somebody waiting at the bus stop. And if somebody robbed it they would have to carry it and not get far.

Even if not quick release you can have an allen key and take the saddle, makes it less nice to cycle off on for the theif.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

rubadub wrote: »
    Doesnt always mean it is nicked. If I am out for a spin and have no lock I will take the front wheel off, then I leave it at a bustop outside a shop. It can look like it belongs to somebody waiting at the bus stop. And if somebody robbed it they would have to carry it and not get far.

Even if not quick release you can have an allen key and take the saddle, makes it less nice to cycle off on for the theif.

I wouldn't do that in Ballymun of Finglas....have you seen how far the kids can do pedal wheelies on any sort of bike!!!!!! They don't need a front wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

pete4130 wrote: »
    I wouldn't do that in Ballymun of Finglas....have you seen how far the kids can do pedal wheelies on any sort of bike!!!!!! They don't need a front wheel.

That's the way we do it in the 'hood.

Only way to get respect is a 2 mile wheely with your cap up at 45 degrees and a smoke hanging out of your mouth!

Advertisement