Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading in a Nissan for a Mazda 3

Options
  • 26-01-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have an 06 Nissan Micra. I went to the Mazda dealers in Nenagh and they told me that I could buy a 08 Mazda 3 for 10250. The actual price is 21000. I rang the Mazda dealers in Clonmel and they told me they could not match the price. Am I getting good value here? I would be grateful for any advice. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Check carzone to see what your car is getting second hand. Also Mazda dealers in clonmel are useless and from my dealings with them Don't want to know you if you are trading. Live in clonmel and went to cork to buy my new car dure to treatment from the ones in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

alexmcred wrote: »
    Check carzone to see what your car is getting second hand. Also Mazda dealers in clonmel are useless and from my dealings with them Don't want to know you if you are trading. Live in clonmel and went to cork to buy my new car dure to treatment from the ones in Clonmel.

Carzone is not a good indication of how much your car is worth especially as a trade-in. Carzone prices are asking prices not trade-in or actual selling prices. Alot of carzone prices are prices by dreamer private sellers and dealers offering warranties, they tend to be nowhere near actual selling prices.

The Revenue's online OMSP calculator tends to be a bit more accurate if a little pessimistic regarding the market value of the car.

OP contact a few more dealers and see what they are offering you. This will give you a good idea of how much your car is worth. Don't mention what you prices you have already been getting though, let them value your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

That sounds like a good deal to me - but I would go for the saloon mazda 3 - much better looking motor than the HB?;)

Advertisement