Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claremen needed

• 26-01-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Why is it that the mod is from Dublin yet this is clearly a Clare forum? Surely a Clare man, or at least someone from this side of the country would be better qualified than a Jackeenn?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Heh, that is a good question. Considering our FF TD's seem to be also located and working in Dublin, the fact the mods here are doing the same is no big surprise. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

the west's awake :)

It would be nice to have self rule though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Clareman wrote: »
    the west's awake :)

It would be nice to have self rule though

Would you like the job clareman??

You have my vote!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

cheers Eddie, any chance of a few bob as well???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭chubba1984

I second the motion to propose Clareman as the new mod

• Advertisement

wow, thanks lads, guess it was a good choice of username then :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I for one welcome our new lord possible mod.

all we want is self rule :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

And hang sammiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I would like to add that members of the opposite sex are also welcomes, well at least give the impression they are...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

all we want is self rule :)

And another chance to get our hands on the Liam McCarthy!

Oh, and Clare females are allowed now? Aw, thanks, will I be getting the vote next?!!!:D

And another chance to get our hands on the Liam McCarthy!

Oh, and Clare females are allowed now? Aw, thanks, will I be getting the vote next?!!!:D

No. Sheep? Pttsch, don't make me laugh. And Clare have about as much chance of winning the all-ireland as I have of getting some sweet lovin tonight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Is there a valid argument to having someone from outside the county as a mod ? One step removed objective viewpoint and all that malarkey ???

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Is there a valid argument to having someone from outside the county as a mod ? One step removed objective viewpoint and all that malarkey ???

Good point, but as most of the posts are about Clare and are looking for information, how is someone from outside the county be able to know the validity of the information?

Good point, but as most of the posts are about Clare and are looking for information, how is someone from outside the county be able to know the validity of the information?

I agree. You never what types would be around trying to say Kilkee is within walkiing distance of Kilrush, and yes , I have heard that before!

There was a charity walk between the 2 towns last summer, I wouldn't do it myself I have to admit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

There was a charity walk between the 2 towns last summer

Perfect mod material.
    You're already showing your knowledge our beautiful county

There was a charity walk between the 2 towns last summer, I wouldn't do it myself I have to admit

It wouldn''t be that bad really, I've cycled to Kilkee a few times from Ennid and it hasn't been too bad. It's only about ten mile between them. Grand if you're up for it, not if you expect it to be a ten minute stroll ;)

Jay P wrote: »
    It wouldn''t be that bad really, I've cycled to Kilkee a few times from Ennid and it hasn't been too bad. It's only about ten mile between them. Grand if you're up for it, not if you expect it to be a ten minute stroll ;)

If you cycle from Ennis to Kilkee then the walk from Kilrush and Kilkee would be no bother, if like th rest of us the walk to the car is too much then walking between the 2 towns is too much ;):p

If you cycle from Ennis to Kilkee then the walk from Kilrush and Kilkee would be no bother, if like th rest of us the walk to the car is too much then walking between the 2 towns is too much ;):p

Yeah but my original point was that I heard some guy telling these Americans in Kilrush that they could walk to Kilkee no bother. I don't think an overweight tourist would find that walk "leisurely":p

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    Yeah but my original point was that I heard some guy telling these Americans in Kilrush that they could walk to Kilkee no bother. I don't think an overweight tourist would find that walk "leisurely":p
    nevermind the tourists, most overweight locals woul find it difficult as well

nevermind the tourists, most overweight locals woul find it difficult as well

Do people in Kilrush even know Kilkee exists? Anyone I know from Kilrush doesn't go to Kilkee at all, although that could be down to all the Limerick people there in the summer ;)

I used to spend my summers in Kilkee when I was a young lad, I was considered a local, we didn't acknowledge Kilrush and they didn't acknowledge us, unless it was on the football pitch and then (even under 12) we acknowledged each other as often as possible ;)

I used to spend my summers in Kilkee when I was a young lad, I was considered a local, we didn't acknowledge Kilrush and they didn't acknowledge us, unless it was on the football pitch and then (even under 12) we acknowledged each other as often as possible ;)

Ha ha, under 12 gaa, possibly the most competitive sport in the world! I went to Kilkee a lot with the rents but I never really wanted to go because Lahinch was where all my friends used go, so it was obviously the way cooler place to go. Looking back, Kilkee was class, but nowadays I'd rather not go to either, Lahinch is basically Ennis-on-sea and Kilkee is Limerick-on-sea.

I bet our great mod would never have some mad tales like that though!

Ahhh, thinking back of going to the beach during the summer. There was a group of about 10 of us that used to be as thick as thieves, we'd go to Lahinch, we'd hitch back, the girls would always make it back first, we'd arrive, drink as much as possible, goto O'Looney's and then back to a tent that we still had to put up, there'd always be someone that'd end up outside the tent in the freezing cold

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I guess with my new powers I can ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I guess with my new powers I can ;)

Congrats to Clareman, the newest member of the Midwest Mods team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

When I saw the name of this thread, I thought it was something to do with a singles dating night!!

i am disappointed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Congratulations Clareman :cool:

• Advertisement

A Clareman in charge of the Midwest and the GAA, boards is coming a long way :)

Advertisement