Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch

Options
  • 26-01-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hello,

One of my best mates is leaving Ireland for good soon :mad:. I am organising lunch in town, suggestions please? Not really particular on cuisine, so anything would do.
    Budget of 20-30 per person

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Town Bar and Grill- great steaks but staff can be crap
    Pearl Brasserie - nice room now it's been done up and staff are generally good
    http://www.pearl-brasserie.com/menus.php
    Peploes is good value for lunch, busy and can be a bit loud. Staff service is mixed. Cottage pie is very good. The sides add up if you're not conscious of it.
    www.peploes.com
    Venu Brasseries food is good but it's always empty at lunchtime so mightn't be best choice
    http://www.venu.ie/index.php?section=2#
    Eden in Temple Bar is good on a warm day but can be cold during the winter, service is generally good. Great bellinis, good value menu
    http://www.edenrestaurant.ie/templebar/menus.php
    If you want to go a bit more out then three course lunch in chapter one, which is a v nice Michelin star restaurant, is e37.50 but service will add up

If the above are a bit over your budget (tried to keep within it) or if above seem a bit fussy then let me know and I'll suggest a few others. Have to eat out a lot meeting people for the job so have been nearly everywhere at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm.. i see no text on this one... Only lunch and a fact. I have to highlight the whole box.
    I take it the poster changed the default font colour to black, so on a black skin (cloud) i see nothing :D

Yep... thats exactly what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Saruman wrote: »
    Yep... thats exactly what he did.
    I am a SHE......
    Erm, Venu Brasseries sounds nice... I was thinking Milano's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Well the only thing with it is that it's a bit cold in that it's quite big, very bright and high ceilings but nobody there. Best thing is to go in some night this week for a cocktail - you'll see room behind it and can make up mind yourself. It's on Sth Anne Street so coming from Grafton street it's the right before the shop row with Hackett and Guess? and then through the double glass doors.

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I am a SHE......

Sorry.... no way for me to know that from your username or avatar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Advertisement