Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinders!

Options
  • 26-01-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I've just spent the last while reading through the older threads on grinders and had thought, go on, i'll treat myself to the Iberital MC2, but then realised it's not good for french presses?? is this right? if so what would be the best for a french press, or is there even any point in getting a grinder if i'm using such a primitive method of coffee-making? :rolleyes:

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

You may have misunderstood the point people were making... the MC2 would be great for a french press, it's just not great for switching between grind settings for different types of machine as dialling it in is time consuming and wasteful of beans.

In other words, if you had both a french press and an espresso machine it wouldn't really be suitable for use with both. But if you intend keeping it set for the one kind of machine most or all of the time it would suit you down to the ground.

Go for it... fresh-roast fresh-ground beans ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

God, for shame. Thanks - I knew the knowledgable folk here would put me straight!

So is doserless the way to go?? I don't fully understand the difference tbh :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

God, for shame. Thanks - I knew the knowledgable folk here would put me straight!

So is doserless the way to go?? I don't fully understand the difference tbh :o

The doserless is best imo as the coffee is only ground when required.

Doserless:
    mc2front.jpg

Doser:
    iberitalmc2.jpg

Advertisement