Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical boy things you're in to

Options
  • 26-01-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

So we've established we're not all shrieking girlie girls so what typical man stuff are ye in to?

I personally love rallying, go to loads of rally events all over the country, great craic (always great way to meet fit blokes too!), really interested in cars and how they work etc...kind of want to do some kind of car maintenance course actually (if anyone knows of anything in Dublin like that).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

comic books, violent horror, extreme asian films. oh and boobies lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Computers, web programming and technological stuff in general. Not necessarily a typical 'boy thing' but my female friends cannot understand why I'd do something like gleefully spend money on hard drives and mess around with code for fun :(

Edit: ditto the horror and asian movies too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

comic books, violent horror, extreme asian films. oh and boobies lol :P

Marry me. :)

Actually, there is a large contingency of ladies into this aspect of culture at the mo... I was pleased to see so many at the horror thon!

SDooM wrote: »
    Marry me. :)

Actually, there is a large contingency of ladies into this aspect of culture at the mo... I was pleased to see so many at the horror thon!

i do. but dont let on to my bf otherwise he'll get annoyed.

horror thon???? *curious*

i do. but dont let on to my bf otherwise he'll get annoyed.

horror thon???? *curious*

yesss! internet married! :)

If you like I will pm you about it, don't want to derail the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

^ Score! Well done SDooM :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Gauge wrote: »
    Computers, web programming and technological stuff in general. Not necessarily a typical 'boy thing' but my female friends cannot understand why I'd do something like gleefully spend money on hard drives and mess around with code for fun :(

Edit: ditto the horror and asian movies too.

not when you're supposed to be saving your money for some ink :P

i dont really have any boyish hobbies, i dont think, unless you count metal.

SDooM wrote: »
    yesss! internet married! :)

If you like I will pm you about it, don't want to derail the thread.

great! now im a internet bigamist. must stop accepting marriage offers someday soon.

telling me what horror thon would be on topic as its ungirly. AHA!:D

jimbo78 wrote: »
    ^ Score! Well done SDooM :rolleyes:

I should start a PI thread. "My internet wife is being unfaithful with a man in real life."

Ok ok so, the horrorthon is on every October bank holiday weekend. They usually have about 30 films, some of which aren't necessarily horror but all cultish in some way (for example, for your height only :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

SW81 wrote: »
    So we've established we're not all shrieking girlie girls so what typical man stuff are ye in to?

I personally love rallying, go to loads of rally events all over the country, great craic (always great way to meet fit blokes too!), really interested in cars and how they work etc...kind of want to do some kind of car maintenance course actually (if anyone knows of anything in Dublin like that).

I'd absolutely love to do a car maintenance course. I just got screwed for €480 for a service for my car. That's why I'm poor this month! I've asked my mates and a few of them are interested too.

Boys things I like are dirty jokes, dirty conversations, laughing at big boobies, loving meat and things about superheroes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Martial arts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Footie, Rugby, cars, horror films, but then again I don't class that stuff as "boy stuff" just "stuff"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

just to clarify, the following are what i (as a boy) would consider 'typical boy things':

Tits
    Beer
    Football
    Flatulence
    War
    Loud Noises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Footie, Rugby, cars, horror films, but then again I don't class that stuff as "boy stuff" just "stuff"..

I think I have just fallen in love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

watna wrote: »
    I'd absolutely love to do a car maintenance course. I just got screwed for €480 for a service for my car. That's why I'm poor this month! I've asked my mates and a few of them are interested too.

I REALLY want to do something like that too, I can't even change a tyre :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I like the Die Hard films - does that count as a 'boy thing'?

Oh, and i don't enjoy clothes shopping much, but do get a little obsessive about gadget and widget shopping, and really like diy shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

love rugby Gaa soccer, playing golf on my xbox360 :) love James bond Indiana Jones and all the Godfather movies plus Scarface! plus would be compleatly lost with out my sky plus esp sky sports!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm a big computer geek and I love all gadget-ey technical-ey things!

I'm always the first person to figure out how to work the fidgety things in my family - and every time my grandfather gets a new phone he rings me so I can teach him how to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Boy stuff I'm in to....massively in to Hurling, Rugby, Outdoors activities....good with gadgets (though I often throw said gadgets at the wall if they don't agree with me!), like computers, cars (seriously need to actually learn how to fix stuff though!!), Top Gear, South Park, Family Guy (I know they're not really boys stuff but seems to always get a funny reaction when I tell guys I like them for some reason, like they expect me to be in to Coronation Street or something).....I was a right tom boy growing up too, grew up on a farm (not literally, we actually had a house) have always loved getting my hands dirty.

Seriously need to sort out some car maintenance course though. I'm fecked if I get stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere some night on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my bfs always making me watch top gear.. but im secretly starting to like it.. wont be telling him though :D

other thank that.. computers, bit of programming.. im LEARNING to play some race game on the xbox but im still pretty crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Maths and numbers. It's almost all men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Top Gear, Heavy Metal (which many girls like too), computers, maths, a hatred for cooking, technology, Mountaineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Top Gear is the funniest thing on tv. It's the only thing that makes me laugh out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Watching programmes about sharks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Horror films,Any "scary",violent/gory/disgusting film,japanese(horror)films,cars,dirty jokes,horribly inappropriate jokes,top gear,scrapheap challenge(lol),beer, etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I suppose my biggest hobby is a man thing, cards. Poker, 5 card draw, hold'em, jesus i even run the 25 game for the auld fellas over christmas. I love backing horses and being able to read their form. I actually don't feel uncomfortable in the bookies.

I love being in male company i guess, I laugh at all the dirty jokes, and imo there's far less of a bi**ch fest with men.

I swear like a trooper (not at home, but i can't help it when i'm in male company). I love darts, and chess.

I love fishing, though rarely get time to do it. I loved the curragh and rowing but it's been years. I used to go shooting with my dad when i was younger.

I suppose football and rugby would be my only 2 definate "hates".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I love that about hanging around with guys(well most guys),the whole less bitchy factor
    its great :D
    Not d4 guys though,I think theyre possibly bitchier

*adele* wrote: »
    I love that about hanging around with guys(well most guys),the whole less bitchy factor
    its great :D
    Not d4 guys though,I think theyre possibly bitchier

Very true.

I like science fiction, violence and motorsport.
    I notice that I enjoy these things on a different level though...I have no interest in anorak things like collecting statisics or memrobilia.

I despise gaming and ball sports, especially soccer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

SW81 wrote: »
    ...kind of want to do some kind of car maintenance course actually (if anyone knows of anything in Dublin like that).

Ye can learn how to do nearly all this stuff yourself just by doing a bit of reading on the web, its fairly handy after that (providing you don't my irrational fear of getting under a car on axle stands)

Advertisement