Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n00b question:Rurouni Kenshin

Options
  • 26-01-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭

When living in Belgium, Flemish TV would show this fantastic anime, Rurouni Kenshin. I absolutely loved it.

About last year, I saw what appeared to be one of the characters in a box, under the name Samurai X.

I was wondering if they are the same thing, and if attempting to buy it in Ireland, which should I go for, as I really do miss the program.

Thanks

Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Samurai X is an excellent OAV (Original animated video) of Kenshin. The series is what happens after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Do you mean SamuraiX was a movie or soemthing and Kenshin was the Tv show?

Sorry,I'm useless at these.

Yea pretty much. Its like a prequel to the series

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Samurai X is definately one of the best OVA s I've seen, recommend to all regardless of preference, be it filler-filled shounen or super magical shoujo.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

eoin5 wrote: »
    Yea pretty much. Its like a prequel to the series

Could be wrong cause havnt seen it in a while, Trust and Betrayal are the prequals alright but refections is set after the tv series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Trust and Betrayl are prequels to the series, and show why Kenshin became a wanderer. Seisho-hen (Reflections) is a terrible alternate ending, designed purely to make more money without regard to the series fans. The creator of Ruruoni Kenshin was in no way involved with Reflections, and he's publicly declared how he feels about it. The TV-show is set in between these two OVAs.

Also, the TV-show doesn't really have an ending, due to the show being dropped, so if you want to find out what really happens you'll have to look it up online or read the manga =/

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Trust and Betrayl are prequels to the series, and show why Kenshin became a wanderer. Seisho-hen (Reflections) is a terrible alternate ending, designed purely to make more money without regard to the series fans. The creator of Ruruoni Kenshin was in no way involved with Reflections, and he's publicly declared how he feels about it. The TV-show is set in between these two OVAs.

Also, the TV-show doesn't really have an ending, due to the show being dropped, so if you want to find out what really happens you'll have to look it up online or read the manga =/

I havent seen reflections. It sounds like I shouldnt either, thanks for the warning.

Advertisement