Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo Problem! Need Help Please

Options
  • 27-01-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys

I have a 04 VW Polo
    Exhaust Gas Warning Lamp came on tonite, power started to die and started chucking.Cudn't drive home:(, Wat cud be wrong? Any ideas wud be very helpful:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Possible lambda probe fault. Also could be dodgy plug leads, MAF, or coil pack. No way to say for certain. Get it looked at by someone who has appropriate diagnosis software.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

thats the ignition coil!happened to me twice before:mad:!!)(04 polo also).apparently is common in these models.
    take it to a garage as soon as you can!!i wouldnt advise driving it in the meantime!lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AineB2

VODKA-MAN wrote: »
    thats the ignition coil!happened to me twice before:mad:!!)(04 polo also).apparently is common in these models.
    take it to a garage as soon as you can!!i wouldnt advise driving it in the meantime!lol:)
    Is it a big job and does it cost much to fix?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AineB2 wrote: »
    Is it a big job and does it cost much to fix?

Replacement coil is approx 60 each, if its one coil then about 80 all in charge. Should only take a few minutes to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AineB2

Thanks guys
    getting it checked out tomorro
    let you no how i get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement