Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apres Ski Wear

• 27-01-2008 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Sorry, I know theres been a lot of threads on what to wear on the slopes but my questions is What do you wear afterwards? :confused:
    Is it casual or dressy? Also I've seen mentioned a no of times to have snow boots however what would be classed ask snow boots? Would Uggs suffice for walking around in the evening? Any advice appreciated?? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nothing fancy is needed for going out for a few pints. But if you don't happen to make it back to the hotel before getting stuck into the beers be a bit careful if your then walking back to the hotel still wearing your ski boots whilst pissed, possibly even more so if the bar that you happen to stop in is actually still half way up the mountain and you have to ski down in the dark.

It is funny though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Two of my friends (10+ years boarding) get absolutely twisted on the slopes. Last year they went off piste near the end of the run, figuring they new the general direction of the base station.

Well, they didn't, got completely lost and had to get their drunken asses rescued in a big night time operation. Pitch dark when they got found. €500+ a piece to be rescued.

Funny thing is that's the second time this has happened to them.

So basically what I'm saying is, getting hammered on the slopes is fun and all, but a little sense doesn't go astray!!

Advertisement