Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Maintenance Costs

Options
  • 27-01-2008 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Uncle has a site that needs updates, just pictures and text. How much should he be looking to pay for the updates? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Hi,

Uncle has a site that needs updates, just pictures and text. How much should he be looking to pay for the updates? Thanks...
    Depends on what he needs updated -
    If the client just needs some of the text changed, and they supply the updates required word for word printed out / emailed I generally charge €20 / hour, so overall it rarely goes over €40.
    If the client gives me a few bullet points and expects me to expand the copy out on that, this takes time and the length of time it takes to do the updates and the price will reflect accordingly.

You might expect to pay a little more, even up to €40 an hour wouldn't be unreasonable I guess, depending on your designer.

Be sure to email the updates to the guy, be very clear and specific, and type everything so he can copy and paste. Should keep the costs down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Yep, and try and make all the decisions as to where you want things to go... eg. I want the yellow picture in the top right corner, I want a blue background, etc.

Make a plan before you get the web designer on board, and cost will be reduced significantly.

Generally the cost is between €20 and €50 per hour, depending on experience, etc. Depending on what you want done, as Cianclarke has outlined, the updates shouldn't exceed €100 for 3hours work. If it's just updates, you dont need any big impressive fancy web designer or web design company, just someone who knows what they're doing.

Be sure to have FTP details and all that ready, and contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

Oh, 20 - 40 seems ok. I was looking about and saw some US companies charging $70 and up but couldn't find any here. I think he would like to be an Irish company to do it, dunno why tho'... Thanks for the responses, and the info...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No point comparing rates against a US designer unless he lives near them. I'm sure you could get an Indian to do it for $7!

Advertisement