Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice / Comments on Mercedes C270 CDI

Options
  • 27-01-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I am considering buying a CLK270CDI or a CLK240CDI from the UK and bringing it in here. I think the CLK240 is not sold here so a CLK270CDI may be a better option.

Does anybody own one or have any comments on these cars as I would love to hear them before taking the plunge.

The only negative i have read is that they have tendencies for door noise as they are a 2 door model with glass only in the top part of the door ? Anyone got any experience of this?

All comments / advice is very welcome.

Thanks for your input and I look forward to reading any replies.

Chevy RV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Chevy RV wrote: »
    The only negative i have read is that they have tendencies for door noise as they are a 2 door model with glass only in the top part of the door ? Anyone got any experience of this?

I have a 2 door coupé with glass and a rubber seal instead of a door frame, it's not a Merc tho, it's a Volvo but probably the same thing. The wind noise can be a bit rough, I have problems on the passenger side when letting the window up/down in the closed position, I get a wind whistle at high speed 80km/h+. Also strong crosswind gusts can break through the seal which can be quite noisy. It's annoying at first but to be honest, you do get used to it.

You can have the regulator tweaked to improve the sealing between glass and rubber but it's a trial and error job and quite finniky.

Advertisement