Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade a sniper rifle?

• 27-01-2008 1:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭

serious question, i suspect my sniper rifle is shooting way over 1j. its shattering 0.2g bbs off a wall a good 30 meters away and my own ( amateur) attempts to gauge its FPS ( i have a hi capa which i know is under 1 joule) tell me its well over 328 FPS.
    how do i go about downgrading it so i can use it in skirmishs ?

it was bought in a b&m shop which i wont mention here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

If its a springer then you can just put in a new spring. Hope your ready for the enslaught of where didi you get it and then the slagging of mentioned shop, and then possibly some kind of discussion about regulating the sale of airsofts:)

Would also help if you told us the make and model too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

its called a "warrior mb-01". where do i get a spring from i dont see any on the irish sites ? i saw some on an asian site alright but i dont know if they are upgrade springs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Good few springs on www.ehobbyasia.com, they have the power listed on each, not sure which one goes in the l96 though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can cut the spring and that will make a huge dfference., take about an inch off of it and if it was 500 it can come to around 300 from that, its best to do it small bits at a time incase you take off too much.,
    This would be a good time to tell ya that the charter forbids conversation of over the limit airsoft guns so the thread might get locked but at least your going the right way about correcting things., Spring chop all the way., :)

vtec wrote: »
    This would be a good time to tell ya that the charter forbids conversation of over the limit airsoft guns so the thread might get locked but at least your going the right way about correcting things., Spring chop all the way., :)

which is why i wont name the shop.just trying to be responsible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Wouldnt the charter rule be ok with someone asking to downgrade their power output, as it is keeping it within the rules and regulations of airsoft in Ireland?

i would just like to be able to skirmish with it and not hurt someone.

SLIM19198 wrote: »
    Wouldnt the charter rule be ok with someone asking to downgrade their power output, as it is keeping it within the rules and regulations of airsoft in Ireland?

you'd have to read it man, i know not everyone does including myself at first but in a sport such as airsoft where theres fine lines with the rules here its best to have a flick through it. Its not allowed to talk about them at all but i think (again my opinion) it should be ok seeing as your intentions are to be responsible and legal.,
    OP, ive done the cut spring thing and got 327fps, I know someone else that did it just yesterday and got 300fps. its pretty easy to do and worst case scenario you'll ruin a spring that you would have thrown away anyway.,

o.k. lads i think the question is answered now , thanks for the advice.

best leave this thread alone now , just in case it does veer off into marshy ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

you can cut the spring and that will make a huge dfference., take about an inch off of it and if it was 500 it can come to around 300 from that, its best to do it small bits at a time incase you take off too much.,

but cutting springs can be really bad for the spring if memory serves me right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

moggins7 wrote: »
    but cutting springs can be really bad for the spring if memory serves me right!!

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

*Straps self in and grabs popcorn*

This aught to be a good one....

Arcto wrote: »
    *Straps self in and grabs popcorn*

This aught to be a good one....

:p

yes care to elaborate on that a little,.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

The warrior 1 is a pretty easy downgrade you take out the trigger mechanism and then the cylinder will come out easy enough and then you go up to the air nozzle and un screw it and the spring will pop out cut the spring down to the top of cylinder and it should work fine but thats just assuming its pretty must the same as the aps-2 or series 2 warrior

If you wanna drop into hrta sometime I'll see if I can do it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I can in slightly older springs due to compression formation but in newer springs it's not so bad as long as you finish the spring correctly. Ideally you'd have a two wind flat section with a tapered tip but unless you have a machine to do that with, you're not going to get it.

A cut spring will work fine but won't have the same lifespan as a machine finished spring and you may find it will become weaker faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If someone genuinely wants to downgrade a rifle we allow discussion of it on the forum. Although it would be more fit for the troubleshooting forum. So I'll move it there.

Just be sensible about what you say.

thank you o1s1n and everyone else , i'll order a spring from ehobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

might as well cut it first since youll be getting rid anyway

weeder wrote: »
    might as well cut it first since youll be getting rid anyway

exactly, its a lot easier than you'd think.,

• Advertisement

Those well sniper rifles are ALOT easier then the aps-2 you don't have to fiddle with the springs on the trigger they are a right pain in the arse

It takes like 5 minutes to trip the thing down may aswell since chances are you wont be using the spring again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

Why?

it ruins the spring an it wont last as long as you are weakening the spring.. well thats always what i thought...

it ruins the spring an it wont last as long as you are weakening the spring.. well thats always what i thought...

It "might" ruin a spring that you will otherwise throw away. and thats only if you get it wrong, you'd have to be pretty thick to get it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Someone mention my name?:D

lol again., thats twice after your posts., :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

An ordinary AEG spring wont fit it you need a sniper spring, I'll see if i can find out what spring you need.

liamo333 wrote: »
    An ordinary AEG spring wont fit it you need a sniper spring, I'll see if i can find out what spring you need.

I made that mistake:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

• Advertisement

I tried sticking an aps-2 spring in my well l96 and it didnt fit :( thats why I cut the spring so I dont think it will work tbh

Advertisement