Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant receive texts from non mobile no.s on W580i

• 27-01-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi

Got the W580i recently (love it) , but i was going through all the different settings and things and pretty sure i came across a function/tick box thingy that said "stop receving advertising text messages" or something along those lines.

Has anyone seen this option or was i just dreaming :rolleyes: as its drivingn me nuts trying to find it again. I cant receive any texts from no. like 57372 etc if i want to download any games or anything, it says you will now receive a text with a link etc and i never receive these texts and i can only imagine its cause i clicked on the above option

Anyone any clues or help...thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i don't think its that. try texting random crap to 50131 and see what happens. that's aib's text top up service and you should get a text back saying command not recognised.

sometimes those services just don't send the texts

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

Yeh CV your right, i got that message back from AIB...that weird Ive never had this problem with any other phone when downloading games etc. Ive even been on the O2 homepage (on the mobile) and have selected to buy the games at least 3 or 4 times.

It always says after you send this text you will receive a link and i still never have. I reset my phone too to see if that worked and still nothing- except for a big minus in my credit

Also paid for the game on gameloft (which i had used before with no problems) and they also said you will receive a text which also never arrived

I is confuzzled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'd say you should get onto the people who are supposed to be sending the text

Advertisement