Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenaeum House Hotel

• 27-01-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Do you anyone know what this place was or who lived there before it became a hotel? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

It was always owned by Clover meats, and was used by workers that lived to far way to travel to work every day.

The basement is suppoed to be haunted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Haunted? !! Jasus, I'll be staying there for a wedding this summer!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

im going to a wedding there as well .now im scared. i can just see it now a stormy night wind howling suddenly the lights go out and guess who gets roped in to go down to the basement to change the fuse.......................................................................................well the butler or someone on the maintenence side of things obviously , they picked a bad day for the wedding huh middle of a storm . had to take the photos in doors was'nt the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Beautiful place for a wedding though. I was at one there last year.

tis a nice place for food. been there a couple of times for dinner. We got a tour around it when it first opened. Mam and her friends used to sneak in there when they were kids to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

im going to a wedding there in february, i nerver even heard of this hotel until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

joe25 wrote: »
    im going to a wedding there in february, i nerver even heard of this hotel until now!

me too......going to a wedding in february and never heard of the place untill now.....looking forward to it though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It's lovely when you get there, just close your eyes on the drive out.*

*DISCLAIMER: Advice intended for passengers only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

The meat rendering plant is further down the road from the hotel and it's not a nice place at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

jaxy999 wrote: »
    Haunted? !! Jasus, I'll be staying there for a wedding this summer!! :eek:

Better sleep with one eye open then

• Advertisement

the meat rendering plant might be down the road but honestly you wouldn't know it

Advertisement