Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does microsoft office 2007 work with linux suse 10 ?

• 27-01-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

ok so im getting a pc from ankermann with suse linux 10 os. Im a complete newb with this, lol, but can microsoft office 2007 work with this os? how would i get unbuntu onto this, as i see its a very nice os?
    dont laugh if this is a stupid question

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Not without using a Windows emulation layer like Wine, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Why would you want office 2007, open office is all you'll ever need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

i need it for college, so i can view powerpoint, excell etc...
    ans what is this wine? does it cost much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

x keo21 wrote: »
    i need it for college, so i can view powerpoint, excell etc...
    ans what is this wine? does it cost much?

You can create,edit, view all the above in open office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'd advise you upgrade to openSUSE 10.3 or install some other, newer distro (like Ubuntu, as you've mentioned).

I use OpenOffice.or (OOo) on openSUSE for most college work. Just one problem: password-encrypted Powerpoint docs won't open in OOo. I download them on a Windows machine at college, remove the password and save. Problem fixed! Apart from that, OOo works very well and lets you export PDFs directly.

If you must run MS Office, choose 2003 as this version now works very well in the latest version of WINE. This program will allow you to run MS Office (and many other programs) natively under Linux where there is no Linux version of the program supplied by the developer or where you struggle to find a native alternative to run on Linux.

Advertisement