Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do these prices seem fair?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

I'd usually say somethin negative... but its probably true.. then again there is zero overheads ( not exactly).....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

toco123,i'm gonna give you the best advice anyone here is gonna give you.
    that is...dont give up the day job;)

1.there is feck all markup on hardware and you knows it.
    2.if you think that the gamer/modding junkies on this forum or anywhere else in this country for that matter are gonna shop anywhere else but the UK/Holland/US/ebay then you are dillusional.
    3.there are far easier ways to make money than to put up with whining whinging moaning customers on a day to day basis.

This is completely true. Tried the same lark some years back. Utter madness! You don't know for what you may be letting yourself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

duridian wrote: »
    This is completely true. Tried the same lark some years back. Utter madness! You don't know for what you may be letting yourself in.

Well if you sell the pc's without an os,motherboard drivers,graphics drivers etc installed like a majority of the companies do, then the hassle will be cut down by alot....

A friend of mine at work builds a few pc's every year for friends,family, other work colleagues etc and never ever installs an os, drivers etc for them when he builds them...He lets them sort all that stuff out, as thats where the majority of the work/time is...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

It also gives the illusion of a cheaper computer without an..but surely I'd have to provide the service of installing it if I want to sell computers to people who wouldn't know what an OS even means!?

Advertisement