Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do I Uninstall an Operating System????

Options
  • 27-01-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I have 2 operating systems installed on my laptop Window XP Home Edition and XP Pro, im wondering how do i uninstall XP Pro as i dont use it and want to free up some space on my harddrive.

Any help would be appreciated............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

heh your gonna have to figure out which "windows" directory is which.

if i'm not mistaken you cannot have two windows directories with the same name.

So when pro or home was installed whoever did it would have named the windows directory something other than default.

Once you know which is which just delete the one you do not want.

then open boot.ini and rem out the line that boots the OS when booting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You can just remove it from the satart up list (system properties, advanced, startup) and edit out the OS you don't want.

To actually remove it? Unless it's on a seperate drive, you're better off with a reformat. Windows puts files everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

astrofool wrote: »
    You can just remove it from the satart up list (system properties, advanced, startup) and edit out the OS you don't want.

To actually remove it? Unless it's on a seperate drive, you're better off with a reformat. Windows puts files everywhere.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

re-formating is for wuss's:p

Advertisement