Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What might have been

Options
  • 27-01-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Well must say i am gutted,we did well again but 3 defensive errors cost us dearly.Having said that if JJ had put away 1 of his chances who knows what might have happened 3-1 was very harsh on us.I really admired the way we played when down to 10 men.I know Cerny has done well in last few games but will his error today let Robbo back in for wednesday night and will Ledley be brought back in or rested for the mancs next sat?Anyway well played lads and unlucky the future looks good under Juande and were still going to wembley COYS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

It was a great performance by the lads. Manu at home are very diffcult to beat, but they only gained the upper hand after Dawson lost the flight of the ball again to gave away the penalty. Up till then it could have gone either way.

O'Hara did well at left full, Tanio is the protection we need in front of the back four and Jennas is looking better in every game.
    Cerney was unlucky for the last goal as he was already going down before the shot was deflected.
    We have played two of the Premierships top teams in the past week and the performances against them both augers well for the future.

We still have Europe and the Carling cup final to look forward too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ArmaghSpurs

well said rocky, that small amount of luck just wasnt wit us 2day. JJ really is beginning 2 look the part, future looks good, definately have to fancy us in europe if we keep goin from strength 2 strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Was at the match, sittin on my hands for the entire thing :D I was lucky tho, coz i was around the prawn sandwiches, my mate was in the stretford end haha!

I was very impressed by how solid Tainio was in the centre of midfield, alongside JJ. I think his performance merits him a few more starts in that position.

Enjoyable game, but devastating result. Never should have been 3-1 in my opinion, coz i thought we played brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Sorry to see us beaten again by ourselves, basically 3 mistakes, 3 goals - That is disappointing. Yes we get close to beating top 4 teams, but until we actually start beating them, we are still a side playing for the chance of a EUFA Cup spot. Performances have got better under Ramos, but to be honest I thought Sunday was "one step back".:o

Advertisement