Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCTV to Go

Options
  • 27-01-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I picked up a wireless sling box type yoke in Maplin recently for €167. Interestingly it was €122 including shipping from www.maplin.co.uk so I ordered one there and will be bringing it back to Maplin (with the receipt for €167) for a refund when I get it! I hooked it up to my sky+ box and with a bit of tinkering was able to get it to learn the remote codes. Local viewing quality is very good but remote viewing was pretty ropey over my basic 3/256 smart package. Once I upgraded to 7/512 quality much improved.

If there's enough interest I might make it available for a limited period to
    boards members to check out the picture quality. For copyright reasons it only allows one user at a time to login so I'd have to give out a time slot via PM.
    . To use it you'd have to download the setup program from www.pinnaclesys.co.uk first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Streaming the payTV channels from Sky box is against Sky T&C. The worst penalty though is that they disable your viewing card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Ooops offer withdrawn then!

Advertisement