Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Electrical Items

• 27-01-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I hope this is in the right forum. Boards is too fecking big!

I'm moving abroad in a few months and am moving home with the parents in a few weeks to save money before going. There's so much crap we have to remove from the apartment! We're going to pay to bring a car load to the local dump, the day we move out. Basically we have three electrical items that no longer work, a laptop, a desktop computer and a DVD player. Can we bring these to the dump or is there a better place we can bring them to be recycled? I don't want to unecessarily add more rubbish to landfills if there's somewhere they can be recycled well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

ive seen cages and bins in power city to dispose of wlwctrical goods....not too sure if you have to buy something first but ied give it a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Why don't you offer them in free stuff on adverts .ie . They might be useful to someone for parts and get them taken off your hands this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Each council has at least one bring centre that will take electrical items, as well as old unwanted bedclothes, linens for free.
    My nearest is Ballymount, but check dublinwaste.ie for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Avns1s wrote: »
    Why don't you offer them in free stuff on adverts .ie . They might be useful to someone for parts and get them taken off your hands this way.

Yep, you should shift them there easily enough I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I believe that everything has some value and if any of you have something what you considering as waste or bits and pieces not worth selling... Ill be happy to take that from you.
    I mean anything from computer hardware even cables, cd rom everything.
    If this is just laying around gathering dust - feel free to pm and Ill collect that from co Limerick, Tipp and Clare prefferably. If you have or know about some larger quantity I can drive to other locations too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

You have to bring these things to your local WEEE centre. There are a few around the country. The alternative is bring it to a B&Q etc and slip it in, although you are supposed to be buying something and recycling the same thing, im sure they wont mind as long as your not bringing over tons of stuff

Advertisement