Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police trouble in Oz

• 27-01-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Last year when I was leaving Oz after a 2month holiday, i left my bag unattended while I went to the jax (just never thought), when i came back there was 3 cops around it. They opened it up, went a bit mental at me, took my passport etc and asked had i been in trouble with the cops before. Told me I may not be going home etc. Then they let me go on my way.

I may want to go back to Oz for a year, will this stop me getting a visa?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ml22418

id say ull be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Well, if they didnt take any details then you should be fine.

Easiest way is to apply. Just drive your browser to http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/visitors-outside-whm-visa-options.htm

If you apply and get your visa you will have 364 days from date of approval to enter the country and then the visa is valid for 2 years from date of entry.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

They did take my details, passport number etc. They checked everything out to make sure I wasnt in trouble with the cops while I was over there. They are so strict police wise over there, and i though Ireland was a nanny state!

Anyway dont think i'll be going back, but you never know 10years down the road i may want to holiay there or something again.

Advertisement