Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External hard drive

• 27-01-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Any suggestion for external hard drive for disk image back up purpose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

dabs.ie has a very good selection of external harddrives. I'd recommend Western Digital. Their passport series are very good if you want portables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

pixmania are selling a 500gig my book for around 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Recently got a Western Digital 500gb 'My Book' drive from Elara... works out about the same price as Pixmania if you can collect!

Comes with a months free trial of Memeo Auto-Backup software!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I got a My Book from Komplet,, I couldnt get it working on it's own.. needed a Router. It's more a NAS drive then a External HDD. (Well the one i got was)

I ended up getting a Maxtor 750gig External HDD from PC World cost €160 they had a 500gig one for €119, Plug and play, All the software is on the unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

I have a Western Digital 500gb which I got from Komplett and a 750gb which I got from Ebuyer.com.

I cant rate the drives highly enough, I like the way they turn off when the pc is shutdown and turn on again when you boot it up!!!

They are very quite and stack neatly beside each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement