Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzle Quest

Options
  • 27-01-2008 8:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭

There's been far too little said about this absolutely brilliant game so I'm dedicating a thread to it in honour of it's addictive hold over me. It's available for 800 points on xbox live arcade, the version that I'm playing, and also on DS and PSP which are meant to be equally as good. It's basically a hybrid of the RPG genre and a block dropping puzzle game. You move around a map and visit towns and getting quests as in an RPG but when you initiate combat it's represented as a very addictive puzzle game. For the 800 points the game is an absolute steal. The main quest while very generic storywise will last you hours but it's the excellent puzzle elements that really make the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah its a great game, but the AI is a cheating m****r f****r. :)

I've finished this twice on the DS, and its a fantastic game.... A thinking mans bejewelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's was my game of 2007 - I must have put at least 60 hours into it so far. Stunningly addictive with a brilliantly simple premise. The DS version edges out the others thanks to the touchscreen, but no matter what you play it on, it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah like everyones said its amazing, picked it up on the DS and played it constantly for about 2 months. Just got in on live there a week or so ago, still great as always but the touch-screen on the DS just makes the game that bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Started playing this last nite, hopefully it just takes a but of getting used to, not too sure atm what all this citadel stuff etc does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I did like this game, but to be honest, I got far too frustrated with the AI, which as has been mentioned above, is a cheating baxtard, and it eventually ruined it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

sounds interesting though I guess it can't be got on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yup, it was released on the PC at the end of October. Its available on steam for about $20 including tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Hmmm, i'll have some points left over after Rez tomorrow, this sounds interesting, i think i might invest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gonna give this a try now, but I'll be trying the demo first after the last time I trusted Retr0's opinion:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

going to give this a shot... after getting up to Master Duel Mode in Peggle i've finally thrown in the hat and admitted defeat. Hopefully this game will fill the gap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement